What are you doing today?

Aren't your parents vegan?
What do they think about you fishing?
And why is your dad going fishing when he's vegan?

Something seems a little fishy about your veganism
Yes my parents are vegan.
They are fine with my fishing.
My dad goes fishing with me purely for fun. Just the same as me.

Why shouldn't I fish if I'm vegan?

I was at my garden centre, and asked the woman watering the plants about the plastic they use to cover the greenhouses. I have an older shed here with a solid frame, but rotting presswood walls and a leaking ceiling. I've been thinking of stripping the walls and roof off, and using the frame to make a sort of greenhouse. It might lengthen my short growing season here. Even a few weeks would be nice.
Anyway, I just hauled home twice as much as I need, since they had it rolled up behind the store, from an overstock. They gave it to me for free.

So once we get a cool, crisp day next month, I am doing some demo and making myself a greenhouse.

Yes my parents are vegan.
They are fine with my fishing.
My dad goes fishing with me purely for fun. Just the same as me.

Why shouldn't I fish if I'm vegan?
Vegans don't like causing harm to any animal and won't use animal products, and that includes birds, fish, reptiles and even insects.

A lot of Indians (in India) are vegans and won't harm rats or mice. They have a temple that is full of rats and people walk around in there with the rats. It's crazy really because they spread things like leprosy and TB.

Vegans don't like causing harm to any animal and won't use animal products, and that includes birds, fish, reptiles and even insects.

A lot of Indians (in India) are vegans and won't harm rats or mice. They have a temple that is full of rats and people walk around in there with the rats. It's crazy really because they spread things like leprosy and TB.
I don't believe that fishing is causing harm to the fish.

Didn't we already have this vegan/fishing discussion?

I got up early this morning, fletched a few arrows, met with a bunch of fellow followers of Jesus, then had lunch and watched a bit of TV with the family. After that a nap, a bit more arrow work in the shop, and now I'm catching up on the fish forum. Not the worst day! :)

Yeah but it was about Connor being vegan for health reasons and did not include his dad. I assumed they were true vegans. I was wrong.
If you think I'm vegan like thatveganteacher then you are wrong.

I would prefer to call myself plant based. I am not part of the vegan community.

Let's see here, what did I do today? Oh, yeah. I went to two different local fish stores in my area and unlike many crazy fish people, I did not purchase any new fish (though I did recently got some new fish). I've also cherished my last day of freedom before I start school (seriously, a one week summer break is not enough for me). And lastly, I've been admiring the new fish I got recently as well as my old ones.

It's Monday again....

298681315_601219724849266_8306533069189622883_n.jpg

Laundry day for me.

Most reactions

Back