What are you cooking?

Tomorrow for the super bowl I'm making some tater tot nachos! I'll try to remember to take photos when possible and share!

Interesting. Let us know how it turns out. I don't recall ever having paella but am still a little surprised that you are using chicken thighs instead of breast meat. Doing a little looking I found that white fish is also considered a good substitute for shrimp. I'm totally interested in how it is with the thighs as they are moister and have more flavor than either chicken breast of white fish. :) As a note white fish is commonly used in imitation scallops, crab and shrimp... Until looking didn't even know they made imitation shrimp. :dunno:

Hope that your dinner turns out fantastic! :)
Paella was quite tasty. I have converted to thighs for most of my chicken dishes. Juicier and more flavor. The exception is when I make chicken Parmesan. I pound out the breast before the breading process.

Tater tot nachos!
20240211_170103.jpg

Looks awesome! Please pack about a dozen bowls in dry ice and send to me. ;) Any meat in it such as chicken or is it all veggie?
Wish I could lol

Yah, I have 2 different seasoned ground beef mixes I made!

Another cooking tip... Not the first tip I've posted. If anyone is annoyed with my doing this say so and I'll stop unless more say to continue.

So obviously there is a tip coming. ;) In my past I've worked worked as a cook, mostly as a steak cook in steak houses. I'm sure that you have probably bought a cut of meat in a steak that was super tender but, if you try to do it at home, comes out tough. A lot of steak houses probably know a trick, that you don't, in a rather bland fruit, papaya. Papaya is a rather quick acting natural and tasteless meat tenderizer. First the Papaya MUST be unripe, green. This form of the fruit is the next thing to tasteless and contains a high amount of Papain which is an enzyme that breaks down meat fibers naturally and is used in many commercial tenderizers. The problem with commercial stuff is that it is usually dried and powdered which removes a lot of the benefit of the enzyme. Best way to do is to make the raw, green, fruit into a paste then put in an ice cube tray and freeze and bag.

Here is a lot of info on this including how to prepare. The link just is already done and has much more info than I'd likely remember just typing. ;)

Having a sort of orzo stew tonight. Orzo done with ricotta and mots cheese along with a cut of boneless pork chop, red bell pepper and red onion. It will be sort of a meaty porridge and is quite good, :)

Having a sort of orzo stew tonight. Orzo done with ricotta and mots cheese along with a cut of boneless pork chop, red bell pepper and red onion. It will be sort of a meaty porridge and is quite good, :)
What is mot cheese?

What’s cooking ? Nothing . Today is my weekly fast . By the time I have breakfast tomorrow morning it’s forty hours of no food . Been doing this every week since October without fail . It really does feel good to give my system a rest .

What’s cooking ? Nothing . Today is my weekly fast . By the time I have breakfast tomorrow morning it’s forty hours of no food . Been doing this every week since October without fail . It really does feel good to give my system a rest .
Impressive! Do your fish fast with you?😜

Nope ! I feed them . Occasionally I will fast them but I feed sparingly . I can’t walk by the aquariums without feeding them when I see them frantically trying to get my attention . Food is all they have in their little lives and I can’t take that away from them .
Understood. I eat a small lunch at noon and a normal dinner at 5:30 pm. No food between dinner and my noon meal.

Grilled boneless pork chop with a spice seasoning that is quite good. To go along is pepper jack cheese breaded risotto balls and Brussels Sprouts with bacon and shallots. Of course there will be some garlic bread. I LOVE taking a thin slice of whatever meat and putting on a bit of garlic bread as sort of a finger food thing. Kind of a late dinner than normal but I did an all night movie thing last night and didn't get up until around 2:00 PM today. Retirement is SUCH a GOOD thing. ;)

Ground sirloin cheese burger with taters and green beans with bacon and red bell peppers all from my now favorite food source, Omaha Steaks. LOL! sounds like I'm now a walking ad for Omaha Steaks but I'm finding that I love this outfit. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back