What's new

What Are These?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

BelldandyShanny

Fishaholic
Reaction score
after looking around on the hitchhikers thread I've potentially figured out that one of my critters are some sort of water flea maybe....but I have this other stuff, which I washed off once but they came back a couple days later and I'm just not sure about it.

Attachments

• 20131216_133845.jpg
    20131216_133845.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20131216_133852.jpg
    20131216_133852.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 98
they are veeeerrryy tiny, they don't really look like they move....it's in my fry tank.  I don't really care that they are there if they won't hurt anything.

Do you mean like filter bacteria?

Very much doubt its filter bacteria, bacteria tend to be microscopic really.

well I see them moving now...and they appear to be spewing out of one of my trumpet snails  I can't really do a gravel vac with the fry in it, so I'll at least do a water change and remove that snail.

I've had them before and my fish ate them without any problems. I'm still not sure what they were.

planeria is my best guess, my fish are too small to eat them just yet, they're only three day old guppy fry and some krib wigglers

Looks like planaria. Bacteria cannot be seen with the naked eye unless they are in colonies, which is unlikely in a liquid environment. Planaria are harmless really and fish tend to eat them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back