What Are These?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jameshughes1989

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know what this coral is?

DSCF1435.jpg

And this please?

DSCF1398.jpg

Cheers

The first looks like some sort of mushroom but the second looks worrying like a mojano :blink:

Time to get the soldering iron or blow torch out me thinks :devil:

Seffie x

Well, as you have no live stock in there it is imo by far the most effective and satisfying :devil:

You can buy a small pencil thin soldering iron really cheaply off fleabay :good:

However you can give aiptasia X a try, some people swear by it, others don't

Seffie x

from my experience i would reccommend joes juice as it eliminates both aiptasia and majanos. first picture looks like some sort of ricordea and the 2nd picture looks like a majano.

Cheers, I have infact just been researching joes juice and from what Ive read it seems to be the right thing for the jobs.

I have been told the first is a sorry looking, maybe bleached ric. It is kinda half hanging onto the rock but swaying in the current. It doesnt look good. Is there anything I can do to help it?

Cheers

Just make sure that it isn't in direct flow and the water parameters are good. It does look like its on its way out but it may still bounce back.

Well the tank has only just been set up so it may cycle but no looks of that yet. It isnt in direct flow. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

James

Most reactions

Back