What are these little spore-like… things?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zHaworthia

Reaction score
They are everywhere and I’m hoping they aren’t a threat or anything to the tank. Just a 15 gallon with a betta and 3 nerite snails.
Read that they may be Hydra but I am not 100% sure as they’re green and not white. I would just like them gone.
FBFE7EF5-DA46-4A38-AACF-7323A37F9BA2.jpeg

Maybe an algae forming?

I'm not sure what kind it would be. It's becoming a hair-like cloud on the java moss I have as well as sticking to my anubias

It did mention that they prey on small crustaceans, but someone here with experience will give the accurate response as to risk and eradication recommendations.

Yes, hydra. They are probably green from feeding on algae. Eradicate with aquarium salt. 1 tablespoon for 20 litres (5 gallons). Leave in for two weeks. When you do a water change add back the salt that has been removed.

Yes, hydra. They are probably green from feeding on algae. Eradicate with aquarium salt. 1 tablespoon for 20 litres (5 gallons). Leave in for two weeks. When you do a water change add back the salt that has been removed.
So adding 3 tablespoons of salt (15-gallon tank) won't harm any plants or the 3 nerites or betta in there?

So adding 3 tablespoons of salt (15-gallon tank) won't harm any plants or the 3 nerites or betta in there?
No, that dosage is safe. I have only ever had adverse effects with aquarium salt on floating plants so you may want to put some of those elsewhere (another tank? A clean vase/ bowl on windowsill?).
I use the API brand aquarium salt.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back