What are these bugs/snails/things in my tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ThatDonutMan

Reaction score
Hello fishfourms!
I have recently had a infestation of these "things" in my tank. I first noticed them about a week ago, I tried to remove them all, but now their population has exploded and THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. I couldn't take good pictures of them but I hope a description of them will help. They are about 0.1x0.075 inch oval shaped with a see-through body. They have a hard shell with a dark spot on the top. No mouth, antennas or eyes. They haven't ate any of my plants. They do move so they aren't eggs. They also seem to grow from babies to adults in about 3-4 days. I have done some research and I'm clueless to what they are. I hope someone can identify these weird "bug snails" and what to do with them! If you need anymore info or pictures I can provide. Thanks for your time!
03D78304-0086-43A8-B6AF-2CE59DBEC585.jpeg
D161F298-688F-43FF-90BC-5ADDEB634CFB.jpeg

Hey :)
Probably baby snails arrived eggs stage with plants then have hatched.

Hey :)
Probably baby snails arrived eggs stage with plants then have have
I guess that does make sense. The most recent think I added was driftwood about a month ago but I baked it. And the last time I added plants was 4 months ago. But really the eggs could of came from something else and I heard it takes a while for snails to reach their full size. I hope it is just snails. Anyway, Thanks for your time!

You're welcome ;)
Wait for 2-3 weeks and check their shape.
If necessary you could catch them this way :

piege2.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back