What All Can I Feed My Young Black Molly Fries?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sam9953

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Soon i will be having some young black molly fries so i would like to know all those things which i can feed to them. In my city brine shrimps, zuchini and daphnia are not available so apart from that what all meat stuff and vegetables can i feed them?

Mollies do best with a diet that is high in vegetable matter. I use a spirulina flake food as their basic diet and supplement with frozen daphnia and mosquito larvae on occasion. For fry, the food just needs to be made small enough for them to eat it. I crush a flake or two between my finger tips to feed fry and the fry are also capable of eating from the frozen daphnia. Another almost universal fry food is newly hatched brine shrimp. They are quite high in protein and move around enough to encourage the fry to regard them as food. Unfortunately, they are not a well balanced diet for the mollies.

Mollies do best with a diet that is high in vegetable matter. I use a spirulina flake food as their basic diet and supplement with frozen daphnia and mosquito larvae on occasion. For fry, the food just needs to be made small enough for them to eat it. I crush a flake or two between my finger tips to feed fry and the fry are also capable of eating from the frozen daphnia. Another almost universal fry food is newly hatched brine shrimp. They are quite high in protein and move around enough to encourage the fry to regard them as food. Unfortunately, they are not a well balanced diet for the mollies.
The sad thing for me is that at my place neither daphnia nor brine shrimps are available. The food which is there with me is: pellets, flake and bloodworms so what are your suggestions on that?

Just feed them crushed flake and crushed pellets for a month, after that start giving them bloodworm as well.

If the bloodworm is frozen, after 2 weeks start giving them a little (grate it up "only a little bit though")..

Just feed them crushed flake and crushed pellets for a month, after that start giving them bloodworm as well.

If the bloodworm is frozen, after 2 weeks start giving them a little (grate it up "only a little bit though")..

well the bloodworms are frozen dried so it is easy for me to convert them to a size which will fit their mouth. So my question is that if i continue with these 3 things then will it be sufficient for my baby fry to grow healthy or not? How regularly should i give the bloodworms to the fries?

Flake for a few days, then crushed pellets for a day, then flake again for 3 days... bloodworm should only be given as a treat once a week really.

Could I add that your can feed you fry, as well as adults, egg yolks. I give them a wide diet, the generic crushed flakes, a spirulina based flake food, and frozen egg yolks. I make some hard boiled eggs and save all the yolks. After I mash them up I store and freeze it. I even mix it in the flake food bottle and just store the bottle in the freezer. At feeding the frozen yolks hit the water and just dissolve. The fry love it. All the fish attack it like no other food I give them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back