Werid Algae

shadowhywind

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all, I have a 3 gallon tank that has something freakishly odd growing on the sides of it. Its white/clear/see-though. Allmost jellyfish like. If you have ever played a 'metroid' game it allmost reminds me of a metroid. I wish i could get a picture of it, but I haven't been able to get a good shot of it, since its very small. Any ideas?
 
its not quiet like that. Theres a small "string" thats attached to the glass, and then the "jellyish" part hanging on that. They are no where near round. Allmost like a microscopic tulip flower. I will try to see if i can get a "Better" picture, but someone currently has my camera and wont get it back for another 3-4 days. There wouldn't happen to be a website with different algae's with pictures that i could try to see if i could identify with.
Also This tank is not planted. This is currently being used as a fry tank. However i did transfer the fry from a planted tank. I did catch two small snails in that tank, however I haven't found any in that for the last 2 weeks, but i still don't think they are snail eggs
 
You could check the Algae finder, here , bu you description doesn't sound like any thing I've seen before. It sounds more like an egg sack than algae. They could also be hydra.
 
Absolutely hydra. They can possibly consume your fry if they're very small.

There's a link in my sig to identifying hitchhikers in freshwater tanks that is full of pictures, see if they look similar.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top