JustKia
Fish Herder
Went out to the LFS to buy some live food for my fish.
Decided to also get some more java moss while I was there and then thought I'd look at their corys as I was wanting to get 2 more male albinos.
Unfortunately there was a rather tasty (well, I'm guessing it was tasty by the way the other fish were eating it) dead fish in there - don't get me wrong it's normally a great little LFS. Besides the albinos they had were so small that I couldn't tell the difference between the males and females
Decided to leave it for today and turned round to see a tank of betta females. One of these lovely ladies was an EXACT match for my Disco (only female LOL). Ummed and ahhed over the idea for a while, went and drooled over various corys, ummed and ahhed over the female betta, went and drooled some more over corys and while I was doing that another customer came in - didn't pay much attention - went back to look at the female and she's GONE. The other customer only went and bought the very betta I'd been thinking about. I guess that solved the issue of whether to buy her or not anyway.
Then noticed a lonely little (or not so little) albino sterbai all alone. So, bought him instead. Got him home and found his barbels are really really short (or maybe mine just have really long barbels?). Acclimatised him, then set him free at which point he went and hid in a cave
A short while later my super gentle peppered female (the same one that has been spawning) went in to say "hi" and got him to come out
Still can't believe that betta was such a perfect match (a kind of flip paint style blue/green with red ventrals) and out of all the fish in that shop was the very one that got sold
Decided to also get some more java moss while I was there and then thought I'd look at their corys as I was wanting to get 2 more male albinos.
Unfortunately there was a rather tasty (well, I'm guessing it was tasty by the way the other fish were eating it) dead fish in there - don't get me wrong it's normally a great little LFS. Besides the albinos they had were so small that I couldn't tell the difference between the males and females
Decided to leave it for today and turned round to see a tank of betta females. One of these lovely ladies was an EXACT match for my Disco (only female LOL). Ummed and ahhed over the idea for a while, went and drooled over various corys, ummed and ahhed over the female betta, went and drooled some more over corys and while I was doing that another customer came in - didn't pay much attention - went back to look at the female and she's GONE. The other customer only went and bought the very betta I'd been thinking about. I guess that solved the issue of whether to buy her or not anyway.
Then noticed a lonely little (or not so little) albino sterbai all alone. So, bought him instead. Got him home and found his barbels are really really short (or maybe mine just have really long barbels?). Acclimatised him, then set him free at which point he went and hid in a cave
Still can't believe that betta was such a perfect match (a kind of flip paint style blue/green with red ventrals) and out of all the fish in that shop was the very one that got sold








