Wavemaker

quaver

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just sorting out my attic, and come across my old wavemaker box. Can I use it in tropical to simulate the river, or is it not suitable?

Holly
 
Just sorting out my attic, and come across my old wavemaker box. Can I use it in tropical to simulate the river, or is it not suitable?

Holly

Geez quaver!..... Here in S.A., I think we're 3 years behind the rest of the world... If I knew what a wavemaker is, I could probably comment. At the risk of sounding extremely ignorant... I've never seen or heard of it, but would assume it has a sucking and a blowing part....... as long as the "sucking" part is covered and cannot suck in yer fish..... Why not??

Actually just replied to bump the topic - despite of what you've been saying of us (men), but I'm now also curious to hear about the "wavemaker"
 
a wavemaker is a box that you plug in power heads into. They alter each powerhead on and off to create a wave effect. The stronger the wave the more on/off sequences happen. Yes I am guilty of tarring men with the same brush, and for that I apologise
 
I cant see no reason why you cant use it in a Tropical tank. Some fish however may not like it (those that require very like water current)
 
However, be aware that most cheap wavemakers (that just turn the plugs on and off in a sequence) destroy powerheads quicker than they would normally. You should really only use powerheads designed to be switched or have their power ramped (Tunze Streams and Seios with the right gear spring to mind as the obvious two).
 

Most reactions

Back
Top