Water Test Kit Help

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I seem to be having a problem with my fish tank water getting cloudy. I'm going to start doing water changes everyday maybe 10 percent. I do a 25ish percent water change a week so I thought it was enough. Unfortunately I do not have a water tst kit to tell me what the problem is so I'm going to go out tomorrow and but one. What I would like to know is what kits do you all prefer? Is the test strip kind ok or should I go with the dropper kind? I would really appreciate your help thanks.

Certainly a liquid based kit, the tests strips are useless and very innaccurate.

The liquid test kit used by most on this forum seems to be the API freshwater master kit which tests for PH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Andy

Do you know of any kinds that are a little cheaper that are still good. I'm 19 and in college which means I'm broke lol.

an API freshwater kit can be bought on ebay for £18 delivered, these are anything up to £30 at some lfs. you really need one to get water conditions, just stay in one weekend and you should have sved plenty of cash..... :lol:

Most reactions

Back