Water Pumps!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

garybuk

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello wana upgrade my return pump , but i need a pump that has to pump a little thurer then a standerd return up also higher?

and ideas what sort pump i shud use?

and are pond pumps safe to use in marine tanks

few questions first. how big is your tank? how much water flow are you looking for. are you looking for an internal (sits in your sump) or external pump (out of your sump) what size is your return hose/plumbing? What type of price range are you looking for? How far does the water have to flow to return back to the tank?

I am actually in the process of looking at pumps for my sump and closed loop system. I am leaning towards a genx pump (external pump) for my sump and a snapper external pump for my closed loop system.

few questions first. how big is your tank? how much water flow are you looking for. are you looking for an internal (sits in your sump) or external pump (out of your sump) what size is your return hose/plumbing? What type of price range are you looking for? How far does the water have to flow to return back to the tank?

I am actually in the process of looking at pumps for my sump and closed loop system. I am leaning towards a genx pump (external pump) for my sump and a snapper external pump for my closed loop system.

Hello

Tank is 330L /100l sump / and refugium

About 5x-7x thur the sump/tank regugim just slow...

internal 1st but external could be an option if they are silent or just as quite as the internal

my return hose is standerd filter tubeing??? am not 100% sure what that is!!

price ebay :shifty:

got to pump 4ft high thur the uv then its like a slop down to the tank... witch is about 6-8feet pipeing but this is more ov a flow down!

cheers matey

Honestly being from the states I have no idea how big that is. For internal pumps I would go with a mag drive pump. I have used one of those for over 4 years (75 gallon tank) and I have never had a problem.

Yeah, gotta speak different terms for our UK brethren. What pump are you running now Gary? With that application, something like the Ocean Runner 2500 comes to mind first. If that's what you're running now and you want more flow, try the 3500 ;)

i have the 3500 and roughly a 5 foot head which it handles very very easily, i'd be tempted to go with the 2500 unless you really do HIGH flow

just had alook on ebay! so you people think the 2500 / 3500 would be good for me?

Well, if you want more flow than your current pump, go for the OR 3500, the 2500 will be the same flow, or even a little less as what you have now

Most reactions

Back