Water Conditioner

jonny_dw

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
558
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derby, England
What conditioner do you use? Trying to find which one to go for. Weve always used spring water but obviously its pretty expensive to do lol
 
What country you in?

I use King British, but really it doesn't make any difference as long as it removes chlorine and chloramine.
 
England. Just some bind heavy metals. I think it means removing copper? Want the best for the fish.
 
I use pond dechlorinator, Kusuri to be exact, you use so little of it for water changes as its 10mls per 100 gallons!!! Cheap too.
 
i use API stress coat and stress zyme. they are both very good. the stress coat removes chloramines and chlorine and other hard metals and it restores a fishes naturall body slime. the stress zyme helps your bacteria thrive
 
i use API stress coat and stress zyme. they are both very good. the stress coat removes chloramines and chlorine and other hard metals and it restores a fishes naturall body slime. the stress zyme helps your bacteria thrive
Used to use this, now use Seachem Prime as it works out much cheaper, and does the same thing without the debatable body slime/Aloe vera gimmick.
Same dosage as that pond dechlorinator (5ml does 50 gallons), but I can get it in small bottles cheaper than other brands when I'm strapped for cash.

Stress zyme...used to use this too, but now doubt it works effectivly. And even if it did, shouldn't at all be needed on an established tank.
 
i use API stress coat and stress zyme. they are both very good. the stress coat removes chloramines and chlorine and other hard metals and it restores a fishes naturall body slime. the stress zyme helps your bacteria thrive
Used to use this, now use Seachem Prime as it works out much cheaper, and does the same thing without the debatable body slime/Aloe vera gimmick.
Same dosage as that pond dechlorinator (5ml does 50 gallons), but I can get it in small bottles cheaper than other brands when I'm strapped for cash.

Stress zyme...used to use this too, but now doubt it works effectivly. And even if it did, shouldn't at all be needed on an established tank.
Agreed. Seachems prime also removes heavy metals and chloromine which not all conditioners do + although it is more expensive to buy than most other similar sized bottles you only need use a tiny amount to dechlorinate a huge amount of new water.

:good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top