Water conditioner question for Seachem prime

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

joeyr188

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, I am about to run out of my water conditioner Iā€™m using and I have prime which I was planning on using but the instructions say 5ml for 50 gallons I feel like thatā€™s a lot less conditioner for a lot more water than most other conditioners Iā€™m asking because should I worry that it will not work and what are peoples experience withe Seachem prime.

Some water conditioners are more concentrated than others. For example, mine uses 1 drop per gallon or 1 ml per 20 gallons.
Prime is another concentrated water conditioner. The dose rate they give is the correct one.

Everyone here knows I do not use nor recommend Prime because of issues with the chemicals. You are in Washington state, and if this is western Washington (west of the mountains, as in along the coast) you have very soft water, and on the acidic side, so you will have less need for chemical concoctions going in the water to irritate fish. I live up in SW BC and our water is identical.

@Essjay mentioned her condition though not by name, but I know it is the one I use and highly recommend too, API's Tap Water Conditioner. For our water this is as good as you can get. And you use very little as Essjay noted.

Some water conditioners are more concentrated than others. For example, mine uses 1 drop per gallon or 1 ml per 20 gallons.
Prime is another concentrated water conditioner. The dose rate they give is the correct one.
Prime comes to 2 drops per gallon.

Almost as concentrated as API Tap Water Conditioner, though the API one does have a higher dose rate for chloramine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back