Water Clarifiers

steelhealr

Hug a mod Nano Reef Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi....and thanks in advance. Any comments on water clarifiers? I have a 46 gallon FW tank that is now cycled and I have the 'white cloudy tank' syndrome. I am being diligent about not overfeeding. The tank is filtered by an AquaClear 70, 300 gallons per minute. I don't think the tank is overcrowded. The fish are fed twice a day...should I cut back on feeding? Or just 'be patient'? pH is 7.0, nitrite 0 Ammonia 0. My feelings are to stay away from any added chemicals unless absolutely necessary. Thanks. Frank

:hi: to the forum. Introduce yourself in the newbie section. :D

I would say patience and your weekly water changes will handle it.

Yeah, I agree. What is the condition of your filter media? Could it be clogged? Do you rinse it in aquarium water when doing water changes? :hi:

Hi..thanks..the filter is new. The AquaClear has three replaceable 'cartridges'..sponge is new, charcoal is less than a month and the zeolite is good for 2 more months. I am careful to wash with aquarium water (not tap). Impeller is working fine. My friend has offered me his Eheim 2213...do you think a canister filter would make a difference? Frank

Canisters are more powerful, so it would pick up suspended debree better. :nod:

However, if your current filte ris working well, don't worry about it. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back