Water Changes

littlenemo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
im unsure and confused as so many thing say diff. i have followed the forums cycle add and wait which i have been doing. all is well i think. ammonia is dropping from 3 to 0 in about 11 hours it has been doing now for about ten days. my nitrate is about 10. but my nitrites are dark purple api test. now i was under the impresion from the forum not to do any water changes untill cycle done but nitrites just wont budge so i was then told to do a water change???
some one please help what do i do. ph is around 7.6
huh.gif

I already answered this in your other thread. Follow the forum method, as you are now, and the cycle will eventually work.

Or change water and it will still work, as long as you're careful not to knock the bacteria back by forgetting to use dechlorinator or not temperature matching the new water to the tank water.

The difference is that by clearing the potentially HUGE amount of nitrite built up by constant ammonia dosing, with water changes, you shave a week or so off the cycle time.

It's not rocket science! :lol:

yes tizer even if i have to be told twice lol. just wanna do it right as spent a #137## fortune lol.
w00t.gif

Most reactions

Back