Water Changes

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wertyu5555

Reaction score
I have a 135 litre tank. How many water changes must i do per month?

its not a question of must do. It is based on your tank stocking and the parameters of your water. I will suggest that if you want to keep everything healthy do a 10% water change per week as a minimum. If you have a lot of fish or messy fish then you would do changes either more often (better) or more volume. How long have you had the tank and is it cycled yet? If it is established already, how many and what type fish do you stock? HTH :)

:thumbs: it's a question individual to each tank and occupants as previously suggested, but just for the info, i change about 30l per fortnight in my 190l for what it's worth

HTH

20% twice a month; once every 2 weeks. Then again most of my fish aren't messy either.

I do 30% water change every other day.....Lot's of work since my tank is overstocked and I feed my Discus at least 3 times a day....

G_Sharky said:
I do 30% water change every other day.....Lot's of work since my tank is overstocked and I feed my Discus at least 3 times a day....
I hope you have a python or a little helper to schlep all that water for you :lol: Thats an awful lot of water but i applaud you for your ethics and thoughtfullness. not everyone would do that kind of work for their fish. I hope they know they have a great keeper :thumbs: :clap: :hooray:

In all my tanks i do weekly water changes of about 25%.....sometimes a little more. I have pretty messy fish though......especially the goldfish and balas.

G Sharky, there need to be more people like you around when it comes to fish keeping, good job.

I change 20% every week on my tanks ranging from 5g to 150g.
On my 511g maybe once a month doing a 20% change.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back