What's new

Water changes for shrimps

snailaquarium

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

My tank has white cap floating around. It was on the elodea Densa and I asked the seller on ebay about it and he says he checked all his plants and they look fine. I am wondering is this algea or fungi or bacteria? Tank had spring water so it is not chlorinated however he said something about anti bacterial treatments. If it doesn't work a nearby complete water change will the shrimp be happy or not? Thanks in advance.

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I do a 75% water change on my shrimp tank every week and they are fine.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Reaction score
It could be mold. I had some mold on my plants/substrate a couple of weeks ago, I just did a 75% water change and gravel vacuum, and it cleared in a few days. :)

seangee

Reaction score
My shrimp tank gets a 75% change every week. Last week I did 2 x 75% changes in 3 days as a precaution because I lost a fish. SHrimp and fish are thriving.

OP
S

snailaquarium

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

They survived the water change and the guy on ebay says to put more plants in and says something about the cycle sorting itself out. That reminds me I need to learn more about the cycles of chemicals and lifeforms in aquariums.

OP
S

snailaquarium

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you think the source was the spring water and would it be prudent to boil the water first?