Water changes for shrimps

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,

My tank has white cap floating around. It was on the elodea Densa and I asked the seller on ebay about it and he says he checked all his plants and they look fine. I am wondering is this algea or fungi or bacteria? Tank had spring water so it is not chlorinated however he said something about anti bacterial treatments. If it doesn't work a nearby complete water change will the shrimp be happy or not? Thanks in advance.

I do a 75% water change on my shrimp tank every week and they are fine.

Hi obviously can't photograph a white blob as nothing to focus on but you can see white bits of on the leaves and on the the bottom where the stones are.

Attachments

• _20190707_174507.JPG
    _20190707_174507.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 199
  • _20190707_174611.JPG
    _20190707_174611.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 229
It could be mold. I had some mold on my plants/substrate a couple of weeks ago, I just did a 75% water change and gravel vacuum, and it cleared in a few days. :)

My shrimp tank gets a 75% change every week. Last week I did 2 x 75% changes in 3 days as a precaution because I lost a fish. SHrimp and fish are thriving.

Hi

They survived the water change and the guy on ebay says to put more plants in and says something about the cycle sorting itself out. That reminds me I need to learn more about the cycles of chemicals and lifeforms in aquariums.

Do you think the source was the spring water and would it be prudent to boil the water first?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back