Water Change.....

i dont mind doing a water change (except when i get a mouth of fishy water :( )

Does anyone else do something different the day before the water change like have a shorter shower or shallower bath to compensate or is it just me?
 
I only have one tank right now, and I love to do water changes...granted it is only one tank.

However, in the near future I will be getting a 55 gallon, and I will have a 29, and 10 gallon going as well; and who knows how many more tanks. Also, in couple more years I plan on getting a 125+ gallon tank.

I just hope I dont loose ambition then. :(

Hopefully this thread is not foreshadow for me...lol... :blink: :lol:

-FHM
 
i think its just the time of year every thing takes so long to do (bloody winter i hate it)
as summer creeps up every thing is fun :hyper:
saturdays water change day bring it on
eric
 
& just to add something else,.... the irrigation qualities of aquarium water is outstanding. I syphon my tanks onto the lawn and there is a marked difference to that patch compared with the rest of the lawn.
 
i do enjoy the weekly chore of water changes but i too am worried i need to reboost my attention to the hobby. every so often ill stop playing guitar or playing xbox 360 online...and ill just get bored of it for a while but then soon enough ill be back in it better than ever. i have the habbit of buying and "trying out" many types of fish then after understanding how they are and act i give them back for store credit. im stuck on a few fav fish that ive had for a long time that relight the fire each time i go astray
 
I like doing mine, too - doing it tonight when I get home - I've managed to get a water change and gravel vac on my 4ft down to around 30 minutes. The main reason I enjoy it is that however clean the water and substrate looks (and I have 10 Corys, so there's almost no uneaten food in there) I can always see the difference in their behaviour after I've finished. Always much perkier. Of course, if I had a dozen tanks, I may not enjoy it quite so much............
 
I used to enjoy it with my 3 foot tank but its hard work now. I sold it and bought a 250L 4 foot wide tank on a base which is very high. I have to stand on a chair to reach in and its also very deep at over 2ft so its hard to vac. On top of that the tank has 3 bars across it to strengthen it so it makes the gravel vac hard as you have to keep stopping and repositioning everything!

I've shortened the time it takes by syphoning the water off into a huge bin but it still takes me several trips in and out with the replacement water in 10L buckets. Still having moaned about it I love the tank and wouldnt swop it!
 
I must say i dont enjoy water changes. I dont mind the bigger tank but my smaller tank is tall and on a desk and i have to stand on a stool to get anywhere near it... makes it alot more difficult ^_^ :blush:
 
i love water changes --- i don't do them hubby does and i just love watching my man lug those buckets back and forth ;)

especially now got the 5th tank up and running for gourami and cory fry lmao
 
i love water changes --- i don't do them hubby does and i just love watching my man lug those buckets back and forth ;)

especially now got the 5th tank up and running for gourami and cory fry lmao


This reminded me of the time i asked fiance to help with a water change when i was ill... water on the floor, walls, him, dog, me and he winged from start to end that he hates fish and this is why we invented filters . Never again! :lol:
 
i love water changes --- i don't do them hubby does and i just love watching my man lug those buckets back and forth ;)

especially now got the 5th tank up and running for gourami and cory fry lmao


This reminded me of the time i asked fiance to help with a water change when i was ill... water on the floor, walls, him, dog, me and he winged from start to end that he hates fish and this is why we invented filters . Never again! :lol:



Well, that's the secret, isn't it?. If you're asked to do a job you don't fancy, make a mess of it and you'll never be asked again. Sorted.
 
I love doing water changes.

The best bit is when all the fish rub against your arm or they try eat it. I love that feeling.

I also like cleaning the filter sponge and seeing how much crap has come out.
 
I love doing water changes.

The best bit is when all the fish rub against your arm or they try eat it. I love that feeling.

I also like cleaning the filter sponge and seeing how much crap has come out.
you try water changes with clown fish! nipping at your hands with their teeth and when they get bigger they can draw blood!
 
Lol CLOWN FISH HAVE TEETH :blink: and my mum wanted me to set up a marine tank with clown fish.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top