Water Bill

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just wondering how big your tank is, and how it affects your water bill each month?

Ours has gone up hugely and I'm not sure whether it's to do with my tank. I have a 190L and a 21L tank. Do water changes every 10 days on average trying to keep costs down.

I'll have to sell my tank if it's going to be this high! There's only 2 of us living here.
 
I've just phoned them again and told them about the tank and it doesn't seem like the tank is the cause *phew*. Just got to find out what it is as it's exceptionally high for only two people and the bill has trebled :unsure:
 
Do you have a leak outside? I would check for wetspots in the lawn or sink holes. If the rates haven't change and your use has tripled I would assume this is the cause. Also listen to make sure your toilets aren't stuck running 24/7.

Whatever the cause of the increased bill is I doubt it has much of anything to do with the fish tank.
 
Get an old bill and new bill out. Check how many cubic metres of water you used to use and then add on the extra cubic metres that you use on the tank.

You may find they have been using estimated readings also. Check that out.
 
I've been told to not use any water and to make sure the toilet is filled fully and leave for an hour. Check readings again, then phone back if they've changed. It must be a leak or something as there's no way we're using that much water - we don't even have a dishwasher! :unsure:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top