Wasp Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jay-93

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What would the requirements of a wasp fish be? I find them very interesting to watch.

Are they best in a species tank?
Live food?
Ph/temp?
Tank size?
Etc.

What species are you talking about? There are a number of marine fish by that common name, but I have never heard of a freshwater one :rolleyes:

Are you talking about Neovespicula depressifrons? If you are, that fish is brackish and some specimens can be very picky eaters. Live food might be a must (it kinda depends on the fish). A number of sites I found off google placed their adult size at 10 cm, and they are predatory so anything that can fit in its sizable mouth is potential food. It's on nmonks brackish FAQ under predatory fish. I've never personally kept them, but I've invested quite a bit of time into researching them as they are one of my dream fish. Try the brackish forum for someone who has kept them before for more accurate information.

Hi, if it is Neovespicula depressifrons then they are fairly easy to keep. I have mine in a low end brackish tank. They eat anything meaty and have done from the word go, no need for livefood, although they love it. Only thing is dont keep them with anything fast, they like to 'think about it' before eating so tend to lose out if you do, not at all shy or bothered by larger fish though ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back