Was I Ripped Off?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchyally

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I had bought a single GBR a week or so ago. It was the only one in the tank, so I bought a single specimen. It was $8 or $9. I tried to find a companion, and today I finally found another store with them. It was in a tank but the price wasn't marked. I expected $8-$10. So they ring up the fish...

$26.95!!! :shout: Why did this cost so much? This is more than an Electric Blue Ram! I didn't want to be a jerk so I paid... and I needed to find the first one a buddy. This is the most expensive fish I EVER paid for. Was I ripped off or was I getting this fish very cheap the first time?

It's kind of hard to say I guess. Prices will vary depending on where you live. Normally I see Rams in my area for 8-12 CND. If I had to guess I would say those are pretty pricey.

You should have said something. The person might not have known what it was and rang it up under another types of fish. Or what size was it? The bigger the fish the more money.

Your not being rude if you kindly ask if that us the right price.

If it is not an electric blue you paid too much. But I would love to see a photo of this expensive fish.

I go through something similar with one of my LFS, too. They will charge, for example, 50 for an electric blue dempsey, which is ridiculous to me. But then turn around and say that it's cheaper than ordering online from say, fosters and smith.

I think thats too high of a price to pay for any juvi cichlid, but that's my opinion. I guess the longer you have the fish, the cheaper it ends up being, if you think of it that way. I can get that same LFS to order blue or german rams and the are around 20 bucks, so I would pay right around what you would.

BobRoss

if it is a proper german blue ram you were ripped off, you should pay no more than $15 for them

however if it is a true blue ram, youve got yourself a bargain! post pics please so i can clarify which you have.

Okay here are 2 pics, my camera doesn't take good fish pics...

PICT0161.jpg

PICT0163.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back