Was He Eaten ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oswaldbolka

Reaction score
Normally have five fish in the coldwater tank. Two goldfish, one zebra style fish, and two minnow type of fish. Now the smallest minnow is GONE. Completely disappeared. I have checked the tank several times, including with a light and with a stick to prod through the two small fake plants. The smallest fish is nowhere to be seen.

Is it possible that the others ate him? I did miss feeding for a couple of days before I noticed that one of the fish was missing, but it was only two days. In the past if I have missed a day or two feeding, it has never been a problem.

I can't figure out where the fifth fish could be???

Goldfish will eat other fish, if they can fit them in their mouth, I'm afraid. They're quite likely to eat the other small fish too, now they know they can :(

Goldfish will eat other fish, if they can fit them in their mouth, I'm afraid. They're quite likely to eat the other small fish too, now they know they can
sad.png

Thanks. How awful. Wouldn't there be some "remains" or something?

It's minnow with the red tail. Are these type of goldfish potentially guilty ?
saddam.gif

Attachments

• DSC04238.jpg
    DSC04238.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 185
Oh dear, really sorry to have to say this but that tank isnt suitable at all :(

Please read the guides in the beginners resource center on this forum, especially the items regarding cycling your tank.

How long has your tank been up and running, what are your water parameters, ammonia/nitrite/nitrate?

Your goldfish need a tank of about 10 gallons per goldfish. Your tank is too small for them.

Quick google tells me this tank is 18 litres, this really is too small for any kind of fish, let alone multiple goldfish :(

Most people think of gold fish as harmless fish but they may be stupid but they will eat ANYTHING and yeah my Oscar ate my Tiger barb (I had a fish in cycle with 15 tiger barbs, 14 left after 5 months) so I suppose yeah it has been eaten.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back