Wanted

"Rena" do replacement glass heater tubes but you need to order them specifically from the shop, and there is often a lng waiting period. Some other companies might but most people just get a new heater when they break the old one. Call the local fish shop and ask them to contact their suppliers and see if they can get a new heater glass for your heater. Then go from there :)
 
Years ago, heater tubes where just Pyrex test tubes with a rubber bung in the end with the wire passing through the bung.

Mind you I can still remember the separate theromstats as well.
 
Years ago, heater tubes where just Pyrex test tubes with a rubber bung in the end with the wire passing through the bung.

Mind you I can still remember the separate theromstats as well.


Thanks for your advice.

Yes some years ago I did purchase a couple of replacement tubes from my local store, but of course, no one wants to know now as quite rightly they are cheap enough to buy anyway. Just thought I'd give it a go as these are only a few months old and I was going to set them up as spares.

The seal is easy enough to achieve with a little aquarium silicone if the rubber bung is okay.

Thanks anyway will keep trying.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top