Wanted: Synodontis Lucipinnis Or Synodontis Petricola

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Mashup

Reaction score
Hi. Does anybody have any of these guys for sale? If not, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Could you please repost this using the standard format, as per the pinned topic at the top of the section. Thanks.

the_lock_man said:
Could you please repost this using the standard format, as per the pinned topic at the top of the section. Thanks.
Hi the_lock_man

I can't find any info re a 'standard format' in the pinned sections. Found the disclaimer and the PayPal advice. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Where are you MashUp?

Petricola's

I have 40 About 1 year old and about 200 6months old, and not ready for sale

But I wouldn't ship them, they take Soooooo long to grow

I also have a group of 11 about 4/5 years old, not for sale, ever

Also, should point out, My Petricola's are boorn and bred into Neutral, 6.5 to 7ph water, not the 8ph they are brought into the country from, most Petricola's you see in shops will be for malawi tanks

Mmmm, why ask a question if you aren't going to look at the replies, obviousley you no longer want Petricolas
Dunno.gif

Lorne said:
Where are you MashUp?

Petricola's

I have 40 About 1 year old and about 200 6months old, and not ready for sale

But I wouldn't ship them, they take Soooooo long to grow

I also have a group of 11 about 4/5 years old, not for sale, ever

Also, should point out, My Petricola's are boorn and bred into Neutral, 6.5 to 7ph water, not the 8ph they are brought into the country from, most Petricola's you see in shops will be for malawi tanks
Hi Lorne

So sorry for the delayed reply and thanks so much for replying!! I LOVE these guys and would be very grateful for the opportunity to purchase some of them. Where are you based? Also very interested in how you breed them!

Please get back in touch.

Mashup.

I am in Plymouth, I have a group of 11 I have had since they were babies, I don't do anything, just make sure they are happy, feed them, clean them out

They do now have a pyrex bowl with black marbles, and a terracota pot covering that.

They breed when they want too, the females are currently huge, but haven't made any attempt to spawn yet

Lorne said:
I am in Plymouth, I have a group of 11 I have had since they were babies, I don't do anything, just make sure they are happy, feed them, clean them out

They do now have a pyrex bowl with black marbles, and a terracota pot covering that.

They breed when they want too, the females are currently huge, but haven't made any attempt to spawn yet
Thanks for replying Lorne! Unfortunately I am up in East Yorkshire, so Plymouth is a bit far. I understand if you don't want to use a courier. You clearly love your Petricolas. Do you keep any other fish?

Unfortunately, these little buggers take SOoooooo long to grow, and are a lot of work, I wouldn't wish to risk their tiny bodies through our beloved postal system, especially since they are no longer being shipped out of Africa, they cannot find them anymore, darn shame

It has taken at least 4 years to get to this point where I have had MINOR success with them, I am eventually hoping to get a 75% success rate, as opposed to my paltry 5%

I will be keeping around 100 in total, including the breeding group

Yes, I do keep lots of other fish, Hoplo's, Torpedo Barbs, Tetras, Chain Botia, Yo Yo Botia, Bristlenoses, Angel fish, Discus, Koi and Sterlets, and about 46 Clown Loaches, 38 of them in my main tank
yay.gif
)

Mike's Rifts (store) usually has catfish from the lakes.

Mashup said:

Hi the_lock_man

I can't find any info re a 'standard format' in the pinned sections. Found the disclaimer and the PayPal advice. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

It was right there, in between the disclaimer and the rules. I have now renamed it, to make it that bit easier.

Most reactions

Back