Wall-e

roseK

Fishaholic
Reaction score
new thread, heres wall-e's "baby" home. my brother insists on getting another turtle, but i dont think so, even tho we might be building our own 100 gallon.

well hes in one picture very tiny, the rest is his home for now.

wall-e006.jpg

wall-e005.jpg

wall-e004.jpg

wall-e003.jpg

wall-e002.jpg

wall-e is gorgious!!!, turtles are so cool, i hope u plan to upgrade his tank, he needs room to roam free!, lol,post more pics when u get em

i kno hes the cutest thing ever!

me and my brother have decided to build him a "super" tank lol. we just need to find cheap glass. we actually had spare glass before but my dad gave it away :X but this tank will due for now, hes still super tiny

but wall-e shall be FREE! ish.. ahah and he may have a new friend too.

EDIT: we still have glass! so his tank will come sooner than we thought

that would beee perfect goodluck post some pics when you get em 8)

will do, i just dont kno where i am going to keep the tank in my house... i have that little one in my bedroom and then a 33 gal in the next room. i dont want the floors to break if i put another one [especially a big one] up there.

Nice set-up, however I recommend getting a flouresent light, that way he'll get UVA and UVB lighting which'll help with his overall health, including calcium intake :)

I also recommend a screen top because turtle can still get out of the tank if they really want to...

hes too small at the moment, and enjoys swimming and basking more than exploring :p

and i do have a flouresnt hood too, but i wanted to get some good pictures.

i just wanted to ask a question now, how long should i wait before giving him live prey? (guppies)

no where does it tell me when i can/cant start feeding him live prey, i just dont kno if hes ready, or if the fish are going to end up growing and i am stuck with them.

The guy I bought my turtle from breeds em, mines about the same size as yours and he recommended to me feeding it live feeders once it hits about 1.5" total, so not too long.

And, by "he's too small at the moment" did you mean?? The escaping? Or for the flouresent lighting?

I used to have a turtle-lurtle just that size, but my heater malfunctioned......that was a sad day. make sure you check your heat lamp!!! make sure its on good and tight.

And, by "he's too small at the moment" did you mean?? The escaping? Or for the flouresent lighting?

escaping. i put the water level at a height just perfect so he couldnt escape.

lol my mom had two turtles when she was young, and they would climb on each other to escape, thats so silly. if i get another one i might need to drop water levels :p

and im going to check my lamp right now! as i give little wall-e his morning food stick. maybe ill be getting some feeder fish too, i set up i little tank to hold them in before... they die... mwuahahah

I'd still say get the screen top, that way even if you HAVE to raise the water level, there's mnimal chance for your little baby escaping :D

he is a gorgeous little turtle, just saw all the babies at my lfs today when i went to get bloodworm for my fishes, they are soo cute!

xXx

For excellent information about turtles, I would suggest signing up on this site and learning loads of stuff. :)

thanks. the more sites the better :D

my wall-e is a little trouble maker tho :| he keeps up rooting all my plants. sigh. i want to get him guppies, even if he doesnt eat them, it will give him something to chase when hes bored :p

saw an ad online for somewhat nearby, where someone is selling a 110 gal tank for 40$ with hood.

do u think this would be cheaper than making our own?

the ad said there was one tiny leak, but that would be easy to fix with some silicon. i just wanted to know if you guys thought it would cheaper to by this one, or make our own?*we have glass, thats about it lol*

edit: lol ps, i read a franklin book to wall-e today after cleaning his water and giving him fresh lettuce (hes happy now) and he actually stayed still and listened.. lol i also showed him the big fishies, and he hid in his shell, what a cutie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back