Vote Now! - November 2021 Tank of the Month Contest (31 GAL & Larger)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for November Tank of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Tank of the Month
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 6 awesome tanks entered in Fishforums' November 2021 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of this thread and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on. Winner will also be added to our TOTM WALL OF FAME

This poll will end on November 14th at 4:00 PM ET (US)

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Last edited:
Tank (2).JPG

Hi everyone, here is my 55 gallon (208 liters) “Rainbow Garden” tank. The tank is 48 inches (122 cm) long and it was rebuilt in September after I lost power for 10 days following hurricane Ida. Fortunately, I found someone to foster the fish. I decided to replace a low-tech tank by a planted tank with CO2. Here are the details of the setup:

Filtration: 2217 Eheim canister filter and Hydro sponge filter attached to a powerhead.
Heater: Hydor in-line heater.
Light: Fluval Plant 3.0 LED.
Substrate: Black diamond blasting sand.
Aeration on a timer when CO2 is off.

Fish: 3 Melanotaenia Boesemani “Aves Creek”; 4 Melanotaenia Parva; 5 Melanotaenia Maccullochi "Stark River"; 4 Panda Garras; 8 Glowlight Danios; and 1 Super Red Bristlenose Pleco. The fish are fed twice a day with a rotation of frozen food, flakes, and micro pellets.

Plants: Alternanthera Reineckii (regular and “mini”), Anubias (Barteri Nana Long Wavy, Barteri Round, Congensis, Nana Petite White, and Nana Thick Leaf), Bacopa Monnieri, Cabomba, Cryptocoryne Mioya, Echinodorus Ozelot, Hemianthus Callitrichoides (dwarf baby tears), Ludwigia Repens, Mini Bolbitis, Red Tiger Lotus, Rotala Wallichi, Sagittaria Subulata, and Vallisneria Americana.

Fertilization: Thrive All in One Liquid Fertilizer (3 times/week).

Water parameters: PH 7.7 / Ammonia and Nitrite 0 / Nitrate 12 / GH 335 / KH 113 / Phosphate 0.7 / Temperature 77 F (25 C). Water change: 75% once a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
TFF totm contest 55g (1).JPEG

This is my 55 gallon community tank. I got it second hand and used the 'natural cycle' to cycle it.
Dimensions: 36" x 18" x 18"
Water parameters:
pH 7.4
dgH: 5
dkH: 1
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Temp: 27 celsius
Plants:
Java Fern, Frogbit, Hydrilla Verticillata, Water Wisteria, Water Sprite, Java Moss and Amazon Sword
Substrate: Pool filter sand
Lights: 2 Jiyin Blade 3ft aquarium lights
Filter: Dophin 200 and sponge filter
Current Stock:
14 Rummynose Tetras(Hemigrammus Rhodostomus), 3 black neon tetras
Intended Stock:
20 Cardinal Tetras, 14 Rummynose Tetras, 9 Black Neon Tetras and 6 Pearl Gouramis
Ferts, Conditioners:
Root tabs, Seachem Prime, Fluval Gro+

Good luck and may the best tank win!

20211030_175333.jpg
Hi folks :)

This is my Juwel Rio 180 (47g) River tank. Not quite finished yet but its coming along nicely :)

Running with....
* 2 x heaters with a HTC306 T duel controller.
*Juwel internal filter and a large duel sponge filter.
*2x T5's 45w blubs
Scape...
*Substrate: Play sand
*Plants: Cryptocoryne Beckettii- wendtii- willisii- Nevilli- Parva, Rotala Indica, Amazon Swords, Hygrophia, Moss balls and Water Sprite floating. (Feed with root tabs and seachem flourish)
*Decor: bogwood and river stone.
Current stocking..
18 Cardinal Tetra
9 Rummy nose Tetra
6 Pearl Gourami
12 Pepper Cory
1 BN Pleco
Maintance/parameters.
*50/75% weekly water changes. *Ammonia 0,Nitrite 0, nitrates 10ppm, Ph 7.4 Gh 9.1

Thank you for looking and good luck to all :)

hey guys, here’s my 180Litre long Amazon tank.

It’s a 180L tank from Aquaone with included standard heater and led lighting.
Lighting on a timer for 8-9 hours daily.
Using a APS 1400 canister filter for decent flow

Water
Kept at 78Degrees. Ph around 7. Very soft water, but can’t remember exact figure as haven’t done a KH test in awhile
Weekly water changes of 30%
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate been 10-20
Dosing with Seachem Flourish Excel daily for liquid carbon and Seachem Flourish Comp twice a week for plant supplements

Scape
18kg of millennium rock
6 varying sizes of River wood
16litres of Dennerle scaper soil
Plants
Microsorum pteropus trident
Bolbitis heudelotii
Anubias petite
Bucephalandra red
Bucephalandra theia green
Bucephalandra kedakang
Christmas moss
Mix of cryptocorynes
Rotala h’ra
Rotala rotundifolia

Stocking
Heavily stocked with
18 rummynose terra
12 cardinal tetra
8 harlequin rasbora
6 dwarf neon rainbowfish
9 peppered cories
2 Bolivian ram
3 nerite snails
Unknown amount of red cherry shrimp (probably somewhere between 30-40)

I absolutely love this tank and I hope you do too!

Also added link to a video of you’d like to see a more close up look!

E2092D99-B056-4FAB-AA20-DC4E6DC51D92.jpeg

Here is my 55 gallon Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpura tank.

Gymogeophagus Terrapurpura are native to slow-flowing rivers throughout Uruguay. Because they live far from the equator, they can live in colder water. I have them outside. There are 6 of them. It is heavily stocked with plants and snails, and no filter is needed. The precise stocking is this:

6 Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpura
3 Flagfish
5 Sailfin Mollies (and many babies)

The water is naturally stained with tannins. This is a side view of the tank. My goal was to create an underwater ecosystem. And I succeeded. Everything helps one another. The plants give cover. Dead matter is eaten by the snails and these bottom-dwelling cichlids. Sand gets sifted by these guys.

A funny habit they have when they are young is sand spitting. They will spit sand at one another. The hypothesis for this is to claim ones territory of sand. They are extremely agressive and personable fish. They swim super super fast, and then stop, like playing red light green light. I’ve had this tank for 6 months now, and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as me :)
image-jpg.146953

Hi All:

This is my 6 month old 75 Gallon community / juvenile Angel Tank.
TOTM_Main_PICTURE.jpg

This tank replaces my 60 gallon that was in the same location. It was started about 6 months ago.

Equipment:
Aquaclear 100 with ceramic bio media and sponge only
Jager 300 Watt heater (you can just see a bit of it on the mid left)
Nicrew G2 light, not using blue leds so about 6500k

Hard Scape (all self collected other than sand):
Left Stump - Hollow Cedar stump aged about 60 years in Buttle lake. Cut in half with chainsaw, covers filter intake and cord for heater.
Mid Bottom Root - Hemlock, collected from same area as above
Floating Wood - Cedar aged, deflects output from filter
Rocks - common opal, red and yellow jasper, and some obsidian,
Substrate - Straight playground sand

Livestock (Temporarily overstocked due to Angels):
12 Juvenile Angels I raised earlier this year. I still have two other tanks of Angels looking for homes. Larger Silver known as "Junior" first Angel I ever raised (Front and Center).
1 Mature Angel "Stripe" (First photo only)
6 Ornate Tetras
6 Black Neons
1 Breeding Pair of GBR's
1 Female Betta (Madi)
1 Female Blue Stream Goby
1 Bristle Nose Pleco

Plants (I am not as good with aquatic plants):
4 Types of Echinodorus (Swords)
Sags
Vallisneria - Normal? and one Jungle Val that is just getting established.
Ludwigia
Alternanthera reineckii
Black Beard Algae

Parameters:
pH 6.4
GH 1.0-2.0
KH Unmeasurable
Nitrate 5 ppm but was as high as 20 earlier (just got back from vacation)
40% water changes and filter rinse weekly

I like my fish to feel comfortable and not frightened of me or my wife. To this goal I planted some of the amazon swords closer to the front and placed the hemlock root with space in the back. Additionally not visible is the rock cave for the Goby that is behind the root, she comes out frequently and sits on top of the white opal in front of the stump. The pleco lives in the stump on the left. The roots on the stump are hollow too and the pleco spends most of his time there, coming out only in the evenings and mornings. The GBRs breed about once every two months but the other fish, particularly the goby, eat them soon after they are laid.

I have been actively encouraging the black beard algae to grow on the wood, we like the fuzzy look and the fish seem to like to swim in it, they will rest with their bodies constantly touching the algae. In particular Madi the Betta has a pocket of BBA that she just lays in watching the other fish swim past. The algae doesn't seem to grow on the other surfaces. I think algae is a natural part of an aquatic ecosystem so as long as it doesn't get out of hand I will help it grow. I may regret this decision in the future.

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as you review the 6 entries and then click on your choice and then click the "cast" button.
Thanks to all for participating in our TOTM contest.

At mid month, our popular Pet of the Month contest will be accepting entries. If you have a pet other than fish, we hope you will enter it in the POTM contest.

Just 45 minutes left for YOU to vote in the TOTM contest. Winner to be announced at 4:00 PM ET (US).

Our PET OF THE MONTH contest is now accepting entries. Click on the following link, read the rules, and enter YOUR PET soon. Entry period ends in just 4 short days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back