TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
potm-bigbanner.jpg

:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 12 very cute pets entered into the May 2022 Pet of the Month Contest. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on May 29 at 11:41 AM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
DD174D8E-04EC-4AEE-A9CB-1123E1E78A41.jpeg

Take a closer look. Yes, thats a coffee mug on my cats head.

This is Napoleon, an adopted domestic longhair (we originally thought shorthair, but it seems we were mistaken). He was adopted with his sister, Willow, which you can see off to the right.
As with all my pets, he comes with a sad backstory. At 6mo old, he went septic from a bladder infection. Thankfully, he recovered fine, but he was very very lethargic at the time.
He loves belly and ear rubs. At almost 3’ long when stretched out, he’s got a lot of belly to rub! He is one of the chillest cats ever. He is content snuggling up to you, and so what if you put a steaming cup of coffee on his head, ear scratches are worth it!

@fishmaniac

Last edited:
IMG_20210305_111844 (1).jpg

name, Matilda.
age, 5 years old.
how you got your pet, She was found in the street, and then we adopted her, when she was 1,5 months old.
tricks and unique traits, She's super crazy, and doesn't like being touched, if she doesn't ask me to pet her. She looooooves it when I talk to her. She sleeps on my bed, and is super lazy. She likes smelling my tortoise, and hates my other cat, Snoopy. She doesn't even care about my fish, but likes drinking tank water.

( Photos in some minutes)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1738.jpeg

I will make it three cats in a row thus far.

This is a phone pic of Sirius, our cat (named after the dog star :)). A few years ago a local elderly man who had 20+ cats passed away and our animal shelter did their best to find homes, we ended up adopting this domestic shorthair who appears to have a lot of Russian Blue in him. Maybe he was named after the dog star because he's somewhat dog-like. He follows me around everywhere, my kids too. He’s very social, and intelligent in a way I've not seen in our other cats.

One odd thing, if he doesn't approve of his food he drops one of my daughter’s hair ties on his plate, like a form of protest. I’ve told my daughters not to leave hair ties lying around and that changed nothing, he finds them.

Sirius is 5-1/2

Last edited:
9D209B22-3A94-43EB-9C2B-9ED1C755DE6A.jpeg

This is my dog Benji

Benji is a shihtzu that was actually bought during my wife’s chemo at 8 weeks old and is such a caring and compassionate dog. He loves cuddles and playing with his brother Bailey (I’ll enter him in next POTM). He is unlike any dog I’ve ever met. He doesn’t bark at the postman, he doesn’t chase or dislike cats, he doesn’t even really like dog toys. His favourite hobby is sitting watching the birds in the garden and watching the TV with us two :)

I hope you all like Benji as much as me, Amy and Bailey

Thanks

20191001_160501.jpg

This is my boyfriend Zeusie. He helps me with all the hard jobs. He is such a good boi. We are walkaholics. He does not help me with this addiction....noooo. he makes it worse... any time I want to go he gets so excited and won't let me go by myself. We walk 6 to 10 miles a day. But we are training now to run some 5ks not just waddle...uhhh walk it.
148483-2f4a987374fb45aea6e43aaad9835c30.jpg

20220328_200821.jpg

This is my cat Topi, hes about 8 months old. He was one of the kittens of a rescued pregnant cat that my work took in as a barn cat. We dont know his exact breed, but its suspected that he is part oriental (like siamese but without the gene that makes their fur colored)

He is very vocal and meows a lot, much more than his sister, Fagioli.

They were named Topi and Fagioli (mice, and beans in Italian) after the childrens book series Skippy Jon Jones.

Topi is very friendly, loves to climb in your lap or come under a blanket and cuddle. He loves belly rubs and the little rascal chews on EVERYTHING, he chewed up my little brothers script for a play, shredded it with his teeth.

Out of my three cats, he is definitely my favourite! Even though hes a wild hyper trouble maker ;)

20220517_102755.jpg

This is Alvin my garden snail. I found him in the bottom of a bag of bulbs I got from a neighbour. He was about the size of a pea, his shell was crushed and probably wasn't going to survive. So I built a terrarium for him and fed him Hikari crab cuisine (his favourite besides cucumbers). And now he is close to golf ball size and his shell is all healed up😊
Alvin spends his time snailing around his terrarium, burying himself under the moss, eating, and snoozing under leaves.

20200505_164932.jpg

Here's fluffy. A so called dwarf lion rabbit who was a gift for my ex. After it turned out he/she (never knew for sure) was not a movie-perfect cuddly bun, she said she didn't really want it/was joking about getting it. I couldn't return it, our son got attached (although much of it not being a cudldy bunny has to do with him chasing it around the apt when he was younger) and now I have it, forever. Still not cuddly, but likes a good head and back scratch and will happily eat from anyone's hand.

FB_IMG_Dante.jpg
This is Dante, he is the best boy.

He will be 12 years old in July.

He eats Purina veterinary diets EN as he has EPI. If he eats anything else, we all die🤣

He was born at the Vet clinic I work at. His mother was a puppy mill dog, who was pregnant and sick. The "owner" was going to take her out back and shoot her, because we could not guarantee we could save the puppies. Long story short, the mama dobe was signed over to us, we gave her IVs and antibiotics, she got better, she had 13 puppies. One was deceased and necrotic(the pup died in utero and made her sick.) The one closest to the deceased pup also passed away. I took my favorite little guy from the litter. He has been my best bud ever since.

In our younger days we ran agility. He has several ribbons from competitions, he is a canine good citizen, and a therapy pup as we visited nursing homes, hospitals and other facilities to brighten peoples days.

He shakes with both paws, high fives, "Bang" plays dead, bunny hops on back paws only and you can balance 4 treats on him nose before temptation is just too much.

He is now my old man, he has slowed down but he still loves everything life has to offer. My sweet old man.

Above is one of my favorite pictures of him. How I want to always remember him.

8BC9721C-E7B6-4358-B572-BC2CEC057A2E.png

This is my leucistic axolotl, Kirby
Kirby was hatched in March of last year, though I’ve had him since August when they became legal here. Kirby is about 7 inches long and lives in a 40 gallon (36x12x16 inch) planted aquarium. His tank has a sand substrate. Kirby eats super red earthworms and soft sinking salmon pellets. His tank is kept at 64 degrees Fahrenheit by a small desk fan and filtered by a sponge filter. Kirby eats out of my hand, which is fun!

End of Entries:
Slowly scroll up as you review the 12 cute entries and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button. Thanks for participating in Pet of the Month.

At the end of this month, we will begin accepting entries for our Tank of the Month contest. For June, we will be featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. We hope you enter YOUR TANK in the contest.

Last edited:
64 votes and counting. We presently have a tie for first place. Help us decide the winner of Pet of the Month by casting your vote.
Please note: you are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back