Global Moderator āš’ļø
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
THE POLL IS NOW CLOSED!​
potm-bigbanner.jpg

Featuring "Pet Pals"
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE NOW
We have 10 awesome pairs of pets entered into the March 2022 Pet of the Month Contest featuring PET PALS. View all the pets and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for POTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific pet in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted.

You are not allowed to update your entry picture or video once voting has started.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken. You are not allowed to have friends or family join TFF for the main purpose of voting for you. This is a public poll so source of votes can be viewed.

You are allowed to change your vote if you wish.

Poll will close on March 30th at 4:10 PM ET (US).
Thread will periodically be cleaned up for readability.
We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation

Last edited:
DE1EDD4C-8498-4738-8DA6-D816339EDFD8.jpeg

Hello everyone! Thought I would try shooting my shot this time! These are my absolute reasons for living; Ellie, the red and white Alaskan Klee Kai, and Yuki, our rescued white jindo mix (featuring drawn on eyebrows because Whoops my hand slipped). Ellie is going turn 7 in June while we are celebrating Yukiā€™s first birthday in a few days.

In 2015, my first doggo passed away at 15 years, and me and my family just couldnā€™t handle the sheer quiet in the house afterwards. No little paw clicks. No barks at people walking by. No little gremlin ready to snatch our pizza crust if we looked away. It was awful. And thatā€™s when we actually just stumbled upon Ellieā€™s breeder. And just as we got into contact with her, one of her dogs went into labor and BaM! Ellie was pooped into this world in all her little butt nuggetness! The breeder invited us to her house and we first held Ellie when she was only two days old, with her sealed ears and eyes, and our hearts were sold. We visited Ellie and her siblings at least once a week every week until we were allowed to bring her home! So we got to watch our little baby grow up and we have lots of pictures documenting the process.

Ellie is a very precious bean. Sheā€™s very emotionally intelligent and can read our body language to a T, to the point where it feels like she can understand basic sentences. Itā€™s kinda scary but in a very loveable kind of way. We can trust her off leash in familiar areas but she is a very anxious little nugget who feels more comfortable on the leash or in a backpack in new areas and absolutely REFUSES to even possibly be left at home alone. Sheā€™s very easy to train for tricks; she knows sit, lay, paw, speak, spin, and reach for the sky which is essentially a beg pose but she flings her front paws high up in the air. Itā€™s precious. She doesnā€™t bark much unless sheā€™s annoyed, instead she has a surprisingly deep husky speak yodel, which of course has different tones and frequencies that she goes through to show just how displeased she is at any given moment.

Yuki was a surprise. We were casually looking for a second dog (Ellie was getting a little chubby, and we wanted something to spice up her life a little bit teehee) at local rescues six months ago and talking with the people running it. We hadnā€™t exactly settled on a pup yet when the people of the rescue suddenly called us and said ā€œWe have a dog coming in on a plane right now and we donā€™t have a home for her can you take her pleaseā€ and. Well. Two hours later we were at the airport for our new pup. She was rescued from the Korean meat farms, so when we first got her she was terrified of everything. Loud noises, fast movements, men, us even looking in her vague direction were an absolute no no. Ellie *hated* us for our decision. She screamed and she and Yuki got into frequent fights at first, either over Ellie getting jealous or Yuki trying to get possessive of toys/beds/people that were Ellieā€™s (we got Yuki all new things for herself but she also wanted Ellieā€™s things). It was a very tiring couple of months, but the progress has been astounding! Ellie and Yuki now play with each other several times a day! Ellie lost 4 pounds from the activity and Yuki, who was skin and bones when we got her, gained lots of weight and now you can no longer see her ribs. She still hates men and is a bit skittish, but sheā€™s coming into her own fantastically! She loves tummy rubs and is very enthusiastic about seeing us if she hasnā€™t for a whole 10 minutes. She still hasnā€™t gotten out her her terrible chews though, drools in the car, and she still thinks a fresh pile of poo is a delectable snack, but she is leaps and bounds better. Ellie is annoyed by the endless puppy energy, but you can see how she secretly loves Yuki by the fact that whenever Yuki needs to take a bath, Ellie somehow manages to open the closed bathroom door and plants herself in front of the shower to make sure Yuki is okay. Yuki is definitely not an off leash dog and sheā€™s a bit too excited still to train, but weā€™re so happy we got her.

They are fed Merrick (spelling?) but weā€™re trying to change to to something healthier. Ellie has a very sensitive stomach though and isnā€™t handling the slow transition to a new food very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
New video! šŸŽžļøšŸŽžļøšŸŽžļø CLICK ON VIDEO

This is Mochi and Miso. Mochi, the pink one, is a leucistic axolotl, and Miso, the more yellowish green is a GFP (green florescent protein) axolotl, which causes him to glow under blue/black light.
They currently share a 20 gallon long tank since they're still babies, but will be upped in tank size when they get a little older. For the most part, they eat frozen bloodworms.
I did put some minnows in the tank with them for a bit of movement, fully aware that they could be eaten. The minnows don't bother them at all.
I currently keep a small desk fan on them at all times that keeps the water around 65-69 degrees.
Inside of the tank I've got ferns, anubias, lucky bamboo, and anacharis, frogbit, as well as roots from a pothos plant.
This is the first time I've owned axolotls, but they seem to be pretty happy.
Pics/video may show a bit of a dirty bottom, but this was taken before I did my daily cleaning. I generally clean up the bottom every day - every other day.

B41B2A8E-CB44-43DB-9B9F-AD61CBB55737.png

My two Holland lop rabbits, Talullah and Tanana

These are my girls Talullah and Tanana! Lu and Nana for short. Talullah is a ā€œbroken tortā€ (the one with white on her) and Tanana is a ā€œblue tortā€ (the solid one). They are sisters, been together off and on since the day they were born. They were from our first litter ever when my sister and I raised Holland lops. They were born on March 28, so are turning 2 years old this month! Their names are a bit of a mouthful, so I call them ā€œmy lovesā€. They live in an 8 foot by 8 foot enclosure and eat orchard grass or Timothy hay, alfalfa pellets, and fruits and veggies. Their favorites are kale, cilantro, raspberries, and banana. They are curious about everything and love to explore. Tanana was always a bit more timid than Lu, but is so encouraged by her presence. She really puts herself out there to keep up with her sister! When they settle down to snuggle, they flop beside eachother or pile right on top eachother. They are sassy, but the sweetest little things with eachother. I adore them!

A bit of backstoryā€¦
We had big plans for them to be part of our breeding program, but neither of them were breeding quality. We made the hard decision to let them go to a pet only home with a woman we thought was going to be their forever family. We sold them with a strict purchase agreement regarding care, spaying, rehoming, etc. Over the next 6 months we sold out our breeding rabbits, wishing we had kept Lu and Nana as pets. They were so unlike any of our other rabbits, and we missed them. I was scrolling through Craigslist one day, for no reason, and stumbled across a photo of Tanana. Not just any photo, a photo I had taken when she was my rabbit. I clicked through the listing and photos, and it was a different woman selling Talullah, Tanana, and Tananaā€™s daughter. The original woman we sold Lu and Nana to was a lying, bargaining buyer seller who had immediately sold them to another woman. Not only that, but she hadnā€™t said a word about them being too old to have their first litters. They had bred them both, only 2 of Nanaā€™s babies survived, and none of Lulaā€™s 6 did. They said Lula nearly died. We bought them back as quickly as possible, heartbroken that we couldnā€™t take Tananaā€™s 8 week old daughter too. We got them back and will never let them go again.

Last edited:
IMG_20220303_161929730.jpg

This is Sprite (right) and Marshmallow (left). I bought them from a breeder in December 2020 when they were just 8 weeks old, and they have been best friends since the very beginning. Even at the breeder's, while the other baby budgies were spread out throughout the cage, Sprite and Marshmallow would always stick close together. They never left each other's side, and together they were also the most confident of the babies.
They do absolutely everything together. Where one goes, the other follows. They can't stand to be away from each other. Even when Sprite had to go the vet in October, Marshmallow had to go with her. They play together, fly together, learn tricks, eat, bathe, and cuddle together. They even feed each other. They truly are inseparable.

9F8C0A9B-1272-405D-B5A5-B80C196674E8.jpeg

Brother and sister cats Napoleon and Willow.

They are around 4 years old, and are siblings. They both love each other so much, but Napoleon is a big bully! Today they groomed each other On the table. They both aggressively groom each other at the same time, that one cat usually ends up getting mad at the other!

They both know there names. We trained them to come back home for food when we bang the metal bowls together. They are allowed to go outside during the day, and inside by night.

Willow tolerates every other pet. She pays no attention to tortoises, absolutely loves the dog, and is scared by the bearded dragon!

Napoleon is more skittish and is just starting to not be afraid of the dog.

They are both the sweetest cats ever, and love each other so much :D

1647426494623(1).jpg

Meet Matilda and Snoopy! Not pals, but they were in a good mood today, and I found them both on the cat tree. I was like- ooh great, the purrrfect potm photo!! Matilda is 5 years old. We adopted her. She was found in a rubbish bin, when she was some days old. She is usually scared, and likes scratching people, but I love her more than anything. Snoopy was adopted too. We found him on the street, near the beach. He's 4,5 years old. He pretty much hates me, and loves anyone else. Guess why? He's jealous, cause I love Matilda more!! They enjoy fighting, and running arround the house. I don't think it's so much of aggression, I think they're kind of playing.

Apollo and Venera
IMG_20220223_065225.jpg

These are my 2 cute budgies called Apollo and Venera. Just a short story of my budgerigar history :
We first got 2 budgies Apollo and a green one called Sweetpea on 1st August 2020. 26 days later, Sweetpea diedšŸ˜¢. Apollo was alone. Then we got Venera. A perfectly moody budgie. They bite to blood and huddle together in the evening. It is a weird relationship.

Apollo:
First got him in 2020. Is a sky-blue or cobalt budgie with an uncommon Yellowface type 2 factor. He flies REALLY quick and Sings along when I play "Moonbeams" on the keyboard next to their cage. He is EXTREMELY intelligent: one summer, when the doors were open and there was cooking in the kitchen, they ripped the cage apart and flew out! At least they didn't escape, instead they pooped on the iPad. šŸ¤®
Venera:
A moody budgie that LOVES to rip lettuce and corn for rodents. She is a very rare lacewing so basically a lutino cinnamonwing, both mutations very rare. Venera means Venus in Ukrainian and her name portrays her beauty and similar colour to the planet Venus. She is also very cute and loves to lick your fingers if you give her spray millet. She is also quite dumb and screams like a dying witch. Seriously, her voice is so ear piercing!

CLICK ON VIDEO

This is Tilly May and Ophelia Jane.
Tilly May is the larger tortishell cat. She will be two years old in May. She is rather grumpy, except when she gets her zoomies! Then she dashes around the house, bouncing off the walls and jumping on top of cabinets :lol:. Tilly loves sitting on your lap when you have jeans on, but any other type of pants she wonā€™t tolerate! We think she might have pica, because she eats lots of non-edible things such as wood, cloth strings, ribbons, and the like.

Ophelia Jane is the small black cat with the white chest. She will be one year old in April. She is very snuggly, and will sit outside my bedroom door and scream until I let her in to cuddle. Sheā€™s also very feisty, and likes to bite your nose once sheā€™s done snuggling! Ophelia can be very naughty. She likes to get into the sink and lick the dirty dishes. One time, she jumped into it while it was backed up. She had to get a bath after that!

We brought both cats home on the same day, June 14th. We adopted Tilly first, and Ophelia a year later! Tilly was very suspicious of Ophelia at first, even though Ophelia was very small. However, over time they have grown to adore each other.
Their favorite thing to do is chase each other around the house. Even though Ophelia is much smaller than Tilly, she can still pin Tilly to the ground! When they are done playing, the love to snuggle up together in a big bucket that we have lined with blankets and groom each other until they fall asleep šŸ„°

They both get 1/8 a cup of kibble in the morning and evening, and 1 ounce of wet food for lunch and dinner. We use pine pellets in their litter boxes, which makes it much easier to sift out the wet litter and it doesnā€™t get everywhere like clay :)

I love watching them together, and I hope you agree that they are super cute!

sunset.jpg

I took this pic last night. The first pic on my new Iphone 13.

These are our dogs Casey Jane (left) and Henry (right). We live on the coast and every evening after their walk, they like to sit out on our front deck and enjoy the sunset, while keeping guard on the street below. Casey Jane is a Collie/Lab mix and Henry is a Chow/Lab. They both come from the Navajo nation and are also known as ''Rez Dogs''. We rescued them both as puppies in 2013. They are about the same age (Casey is a month older) and have been best friends and inseparable since the day that we brought them home. They are house dogs, which means that our home is their home, and they are free to go anywhere and sleep anywhere that they want. Casey is the intelligent, outgoing one, while Henry is very sensitive and is prone so sitting in our laps if he is ever uncomfortable or scared (imagine a 100 lb lap dog). Casey will sit on your lap and get up in your business anyway, because it's where she wants to be.

There are some great animals featured this month, and I wasn't going to join the contest, but this picture turned out really nice and I just figured that I should share it.

Last edited:
IMG_20220318_145355.jpg

mmmm my dogs are spoiled rotten and have a mind of their own find so pretty pictures are only really available when they are ready to pose. ;-)

We have 3 dogs but only 2 have been captured in our pic with pet of the month label.

The black and white is the wife's Shih Tzu called Daisy and she is almost 18 months old now.

Her friend is my mongrel Porscha and she is a pekingese / bichon frise cross. Porscha is now almost 8 years old and is quite possibly one of the luckiest dogs alive. At approximately 18 months she was lame and pretty much unable to walk and our vet told us we had 2 options. Option 1 was surgery and reconstruction of both hind legs to fix a birth defect. Option 2 well i never did consider option 2. Of course no insurance would pay for such an operation and this all happened at a time when i landed unemployed. But you manage and today she continues to jump around with her young friend and hopefully will continue to have a normally doggy life.

Our 3rd dog is the boss and she is now approaching 13 years old mostly black in colour and is also a mongrel. She is a Cavilier King Charles Spaniel crossed with a Pug . I have attached a couple more pictures with all 3 of them.

I hope you enjoy the pics.

End of Entries:
Please slowly scroll up as your review the 10 entries and then in the poll at the top of this thread, choose your favorite and then click the "cast" button.
Thanks for participating in our Pet of the Month contest.

Last edited:
Poll is now closed!
We have a winner. You may congratulate the winner in the winner's thread linked below:
WINNER THREAD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back