VOTE NOW...August 2020 Fish of the Month Contest (Gourami)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vote Now for August 2020 Fish of the Month (Gourami)

• Fishfinatic77

Votes: 53 32.1%
  • Fishmanic

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • sadness child

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • L&K

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • lazarusthefishboy10

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • BenG

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
FOTM
:big_boss:
PLEASE VOTE!
We have 6 beautiful Gourami fish entered into the August 2020 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to the top of page--click on your choice for FOTM and then click the "cast" button.

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

The winner is awarded a neat banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "fotm winner" thread for all to see and to comment.

Poll will close on Augusts 31st at 7:18 PM EST

Good luck to our entrants in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
1597523487445.png

This is my honey gourami, Bubbles. He is about a year and a half old. He got his name because he is a very prolific bubble nest builder! He always has a little nest somewhere in the tank.
Bubbles lives in a 20 gallon aquarium (which is about to get a massive re-scape, so please don't mind the blue background) with harlequin rasboras, cherry barbs, and a clown pleco.
This spoiled little gourami gets a variety of different foods. He gets Hikari micro pellets, Omega 1 kelp flakes (occasionally), Bug Bites tropical pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, and a pea once a week. He also enjoys nibbling at the plants and algae in his tank.
Bubbles is super friendly. If I stand in front of his tank, he will come right up to the glass and greet me. He's also very curious about anything going on around him, and will always investigate new things.
He's such a cute little fish and I really love him.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:
D5208C8C-870B-4F7B-B787-7FA088BB1EE0.jpeg

This is my Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami named "SKY." I named him SKY due to his sky blue coloring. I have had him about 6 months now.

Sky lives with 3 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 Harlequin Rasbora (lone surviror), 2 Neon Tetra (survivors), 1 BN Pleco, and 1 Asian Fisherman in a 35 gallon tall Hex Tank.

He is very active , swimming in all areas of the tank. Sometimes he will go repeatedly up and down in the stream of bubbles from an air stone. When I come near the tank, he heads to the top of the tank hoping I will feed him. He gets fed New Life Spectrum flakes, occasionally freeze dried daphnia and bloodworms, and occasionally frozen brine shrimp.

If you want a beautiful looking fish, I highly recommend getting a Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami as long as you do your research and find that it is compatible with your present stocking and tank size.

Last edited:
20200815_213449.jpg

Hello everyone. This is our gold gourami. Hes/shes about 4in long.
We have him/her in our 180g tank that runs with an F6 and an 800w hygger heater.

-Tank mates
Opaline (aka 3 spot)
Frontosas
Red devil
Sweetheart parrots
Electric blue ram
Africans (lake malawi)

-Feed them aqueon flakes and pellets. With occ freeze dried food

IMG_3142.JPG

This is my Pearl Gourami. He lives in a community 90L aquarium (25 gallons) with anubias, driftwood, other plants, and many different types of fish. He is a male, and shows that beautiful pearl coloration! Hope you like him. I sure do! Actually, I don't love him. I LOVE him

END OF ENTRIES
Please slowly scroll up as you review the entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of the thread.

Next contest will start on September 1st with our Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. Please consider entering your tank if you have a tank of that size.

Thanks for participating in our contests. Without your participation, these contest wouldn't be possible.

Last chance to vote if you havent already done so. The winner will be announced at 7:15 pm. EST

Last edited:
Congratulations to our winner FishFinatic77 with her Honey Gourami "Bubbles." What a great example of a Honey Gourami. Well deserved win! You will soon be presented with a FOTM Winner banner in your profile area.

You can congratulate the winner by heading over to the Winner's Thread

Thanks to all who participated in August's FOTM contest. Running right now is our TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 16 US gallons and smaller. If you have a tank of that size, we encourage you to show off your tank by entering the contest. In Mid September, we will start up our Pet of the Month contest . If you have a pet (no fish allowed) , we hope you will enter that contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back