Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VOTE NOW...August 2019 Fish of the Month Contest (Bettas only)

Discussion in 'Fish Forums - Monthly Contests' started by Fishmanic, Aug 13, 2019.

?

VOTE NOW...August 2019 Fish of the Month (Bettas only)

This poll will close on Aug 27, 2019 at 2:25 PM.
  1. PheonixKingZ

2. Eviefish

3. Lizardbreath

4. Moony42

5. Here There Be Dragons

6. Briggan

7. grayRavenn

8. Raven McAdams

9. Back in the fold

10. Gardeny

11. Jimmyjam923

12. Moonweaver

13. SRbettas

14. FishFinatic77

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fishmanic

Fishmanic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

• Battle of the Bettas
    VOTE NOW! [​IMG]

We have 14 interesting and unique Betta Fish entered into the August 2019 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for FOTM

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

Poll will close on August 27th at 3:25 pm

Good luck to our entries in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.​

#1 Fishmanic, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ Fish Herder
    Pet of the Month Winner!

Here is my betta....
    A6DF6562-F841-4CBC-99B3-80ED062939D7.jpeg

Name: Blaze.

Tank size: 10 gallons.

Tank mates: Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Blue Rams Horn snails, and 1 large Nerite snail.

Tricks: I have trained him to do the following.... Follow my finger when I run it on the glass, swims into the hand when it’s feeding time, “chases” a small piece of bloodworm on my AquaScaping tweezers to get a treat, and will (sometimes) jump out of the water to get a dangling piece of bloodworm.

Back Story: I got Blaze at my LFS about 6 months ago, he was in pretty bad shape, because he was a drop off, but I nursed him back to heath. He is my best friend, and gets a smile on my face even after a hard day of work.

Specific breed: Male Super Delta Tale/ Dumbo Ear Betta.

This has been my beautiful betta, and I hope you enjoy! Thank you for looking!! :thanks: :fish:

#2 PheonixKingZ, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Eviesfish

Eviesfish New Member

C4BF81D6-822E-4181-A226-0B6746560C92.jpeg This is Slush!

He’s named Slush because he is the same colours as a Slush Puppy.

Tank mates: nothing at the moment, looking to add some snails or some larger shrimps.

Tank Size: 34 Litres

Tricks: he knows when it’s feeding time as he moves his head from left to right whenever I get food out. He’s a pretty intelligent fish. I don’t even have to go near the tank and he’s doing his “dance” as we call it.

Thank you for reading!

#3 Eviesfish, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Lizardbreath

Lizardbreath New Member

20190812_213525.jpg
    Hiya! My names Splash! My person recently got me and was waiting for months before i got shipped and arrived to the transhipper where she picked me up. Im super spunky and love to flair at the camera. And when my light hits my scales just right? I turn a super pretty lavendar color. My human spent weeks putting my tsnk together and used plant glue to cover my epic log cave with moss and grass. Ive got 7 ghost shrimps with me in my 5g fluval spec and a snail. My best friend is the red wag sword fingerling who lives with me. The cory catfish is scary though. Vote me for fish of the month!! My person will give me more treats if you do!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Splash
    Type: marbled tricolor halfmoon doubletail male
    Time had: 3-4 weeks
    Tank: 5g fluval spec v, heated and filtered
    Decor: planted cocoa mat, 4 anubias, 1 mossy driftwood, 1 driftwood, 1 overgrown drifteood cave (DIYed), 1 spiraly grass plant, 1 banana plant
    Tankmates: shrimp, snail, cory cat, sword fingerling (will move once bigger)

Thanks!

#4 Lizardbreath, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:02 AM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 1:20 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Moony42

Moony42 Fish Fanatic
    Tank of the Month Winner!

Hello TFF!!!

Here's my favourite betta Ace!!

upload_2019-8-14_18-17-23.png

Very interesting Facts????

This Betta was hatched on Feb 3 2018!!! Same day as my birthday!!
    I love Ace so much that I would jump of a cliff for him!!!
    He is a crowntail Icey blue betta
    He has a bit of Jeffrey Dahmer in him [WANTED DEAD OR LIVE FOR KILLING FOUR SHRIMP AND TWO BORARAS]
    He's Da big boss of his tank, His albino tetras are like We salute you king Ace.
    He loves Flaring Bad. He follows my finger when I keep it on the glass!!
    Ace and I hope you vote for our tank!!!
    :thanks::thanks::thanks:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Here There be Dragons

Betta of the month winner!.jpg

This is Nebula!
    Name: Nebula
    Nicknames: Neb-Nebs, Nebs
    Tank: 5 gallon heated/filtered no live plants yet.
    Favorite hiding place: Between the suction cups on the heater. (I keep the tank at 78 degrees F.)
    Tank mates: None
    Type: Male placat.
    Interesting facts: This picture is of him at the back of the tank so I took it with the phone upside down.
    He has a bathtub for a cave. When I sleep late and my mom comes in to wake me up she likes to turn on his light and he'll flare and swim up to her untill he bumps into the glass.:dunno::)
    Thanks for reading!:fish::fish:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Briggan

Briggan Fish Fanatic

7079775F-5F83-4E8D-953E-60D860731835.jpeg Here’s my betta!
    Name: Egret
    Type: black mustard gas
    Tank: 10 gallon divided
    Filter: tetra whisper 10i
    Decorations: silk plants, river stones, natural gravel
    Tank mates: Black crowntail male betta (divided)
    Tricks: If you put your nail up to the glass, he will come right up to you, likes to follow fingers. He spends a lot of time working on his bubble nest :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. grayRavenn

grayRavenn Fish Fanatic

this is fanfare. not sure of his age, but I've had him about 7 months. one of our clients heard about me being a crazy betta lady and instantly brought him in with a big chunk out of his side. a lot of water changes and tlc, and he is doing great. he lives in a 10 gallon divided into 1/3s. there is a small aqueon filter in each of the 1/3rds, a small heater for the whole tank. he eats ……..everything. his tank mates are 2 other bettas, vendetta and SABU 0805191318a.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Raven McAdams

Raven McAdams New Member

• D4E0E575-2ABF-4B40-A927-3AEC78D0BC93.jpeg
    • My Betta is in a 10 gallon with a few shrimp friends that he usually doesn’t eat ;)

#9 Raven McAdams, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2019 at 5:23 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Back in the fold

Back in the fold Fish Crazy

image.jpg
    Behold! Gowron, next leader of the Klingon Empire. He is not photogenic. He is secure in his very own two and a half gallon tank with heater and filter. He loves Hikari pellets and bloodworms. I have to be careful at feeding time because he jumps at his food. Perhaps he hears the cry of the warrior, calling him to battle, calling him to glory, like a Klingon. Ka'Plaa !

#10 Back in the fold, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Gardeny

Gardeny New Member

[​IMG]
    This is Jeanette Michelle Lucien Corentin Anne Fleur Oceane Lauren Pierre Marie III! She is a female veiltail betta (Yep, even with long fins!) and I adopted her back in December! So about 8 months ago!

Her tank is 10 gallons, and currently has no tank mates in it. I'm planning on adding a few shrimp to it though!
    She can follow my finger, but that's about it for tricks.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jimmyjam923

jimmyjam923 New Member

My Daughter's Betta "Firework" _(she changes the name every week i think)
    3 gallon tank
    Not sure how old. Maybe a few months?
    80 degree water.
    Foam filter
    Weekly water changes[​IMG]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  13. Moonweaver

Moonweaver New Member

15662258763412464884624255622437.jpg

This is Pew Le Pepe. He was named that because Pepe Le Pew is black with white stripes and he's white with black stripes - the exact opposite :)

-------

Tank - 1.5 gallon
    Age - Unknown
    Has not learned any tricks yet since we just got him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SRbettas

SRbettas New Member

36A84F52-77E7-4F09-A25D-C0BB289EB87D.jpeg Hi everyone my name is rose. I am called rose because the red rose represents love admiration and respect while the pink represents grace and elegance. Some of my nicknames are Ro, Rosanna and Zanna . I am a female Cambodian delta tail betta and have been living with my owner for about 6 week. I am very curious and my favourite food is bloodworms. I was brought to start a sorority tank but was bullied and ended up with torn fins which healed soon after being added to my new tank, a 30 litre Biorb with two honey Gouramis. It was overstocked but it was the only option. Despite my owners best attempts to keep the water parameters under control the male gourami didn’t make it. Now I live with my best friend sunny and although Bettas and Gouramis are not recommended we can often be found swimming together. I like to watch what’s going on and I greet my owner when I see her I also play follow the finger, follow the food and sometimes jump for a bloodworm.

Tank size: 30 litres or 8 US gallons

Stocking: 1x honey gourami(female) 1x betta (female)

Live plants:
    1x Marimo moss ball
    1x large lymnophila hetrophylla
    1x large Anubias

Decorations:
    1x large artificial log
    1x large plastic plant

Substrate: biorb ceramic media grey river rocks and blue stones

Feeding:
    Betta gets Hikari betta bio gold (41% protein) and king British freeze dried bloodworms as a treat
    Honey gourami gets fed the aqua care pro colour granules (53% protein) or tetra colour tropical crisps (46% protein)
    My betta also gets some of the other food as it is high in protein

This tank has been set up for a year

Maintenance: weekly 10-25% water change and vacuum any mess and rinse filter in aquarium water. I clean the glass when dirty with a magnet cleaner

Temperature: 78F

Parameters:
    Ph: 7.6
    KH (Dh): 6
    GH (Dh): 14
    Nitrate: 10
    Nitrite: 0
    Ammonia: 0

#14 SRbettas, Aug 19, 2019 at 4:52 PM
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FishFinatic77

FishFinatic77 Fish Crazy

upload_2019-8-19_19-59-34.png

This is my betta Mooki!

His name comes from the Thai word mook which means pearl.

He is a delta tail and has blue, green, and black, and he has a few red dots on his fins. He also has white tips on his ventral fins.

He eats hikari micro pellets, hikari betta pellets, peas (for digestion), and bloodworms. Mooki lives in a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter, lots of plants and hides, including the pagoda is peaking out of which actually came from Thailand.

He knows lots of tricks. He follows my finger, jumps, comes when I tap on the glass, swims through a hoop, and plays soccer.

He also knows exactly what time he gets his dinner. When feeding time comes, he is always waiting in the corner where he knows he always gets fed.

Whenever he wants food, he does a little dance and opens and closes his mouth as if to say, "I'm hungry! Feed me!"

I got Mooki almost four months ago. He is just the sweetest little fish, and he makes me happy every time I look at him.

Thank you for reading about Mooki!

• Like Like x 1