Veggie Clip

celaeno

Arkangel
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NY, USA
my otos don't seem to be interested in the zucchini (courgette) slices i put in the tank, whether i stick it onto the filter intake or sink it with a teaspoon.

do you think they'll be more interested if i use a veggie clip? is there any brand you recommend over others?
 
I can't see how they'd notice the difference TBH.

How are you preparing the veg? Courgette does need to be blanched to soften it up a little, maybe they find it too hard to eat.
How long have you been trying it? It might take a few goes before they realise it's food.
 
i don't blanch it, because if i do, it spoils very fast. i leave it unblanched in the tank for 2 days.

i've been doing this for over 3 months.
 
Veggie clips look to be a complete waste of money - never used one, I just use a teaspoon. I bet if it had "Super Aquarium Veggie Clip" printed on it, it would be 3 times as much in the shop too!

Try them on a chunk of cucumber - doesn't need any preparation, just chuck it in with a spoon push through. All my fish go bonkers for it.
 
Hi celaeno :)

According to your signature, you only have a few otos, and they aren't very big. They just aren't going to be able to eat a great amount of food.

Instead of blanching the zucchini, try freezing it. If you get thin ones, (small ones have fewer seeds) slice them up into portion sized discs, and freeze them, you will have a steady supply with very little waste. I don't see any noticeable difference in their eating habits whether I use a clip or sink them with a plant weight.
 
I use a screwcumber for veggie-sinkage and very good it is too!

3249428491_6ebcdf2f06_o.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top