Van Load Of Mopani Wood On Ebay.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If only my mum/dad had a van and I lived closer. I'm sure I could convince them to fetch it if I paid. It would setup my 180L tank, and I would shift the rest on cheap to make a tidy profit. :p

i think a tank pretty much full with a pile of wood would look pretty good with the right fish to move about between it.

oh and i forgot to mention that if anyone does buy it then they have to give me the biggest piece (ill pay P+P of course :p ) for pointing it out.

Good God!!!

I am seriously debating it!!!

Reckon I could make well over £500 on that lot, I wonder what the reserve is??

I know for a fact that you wouldn't get it for a pound. If someone lives down that way and wants to arrange going in a partnership to purchase then give me a PM.

Wow lots of wood there :look: wonder what the reserve is has to be at least £100 :) worth someone buying it if they live near and have a van :good:

yeah it says reserve not met, the reserve is probably hundreds.

Ebayers about 80% of the time will tell you the reserve well they have done when I have asked in a message. Probably just put a reserve on to keep the costs down it's alot cheaper to do it that way. To start at £100 is a lot of money but start at £1 and put a reserve on is alot less :crazy: Even a LFS would make lots of money buying that :hey: Someone from this forum should buy it and share it out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe one of our delightful sponsors would care to buy it and we'll all buy a bit off them? :)

If I bid and won it, it'd probably turn out to be a batch of damp old firewood :lol:

I'm really tempted by this. Always on the look out for a bit of fast cash. I have a van and Rochester is probably only about 2hrs drive. I'm gonna bid... got nowt to loose. and if it is a load of old damp firewood i sell it as "pre-soaked" :lol: joking of course.

as i'm still a newbie i'm not overly sure of the "going rate" for bog wood. i keep seeing it for about £5 per kg. that about right?

Mmm...they're 10 kg a piece (minimum? says on the description). You'll end up having to re-sell them locally/for pick-up only. Shipping them out would be wayyyy too expensive, I think.

yeah i spotted that too. which makes it more suitable to sell wholesale. although i doubt any lfs will buy anything out of the back of my old tatty van. or i break it down somehow. i don't think sawing it up will look too attractive so i'm going play with some pieces that i've got soaking at the moment, see if i can break them "naturally"

His reserve is £150.00, very tempting but storage is a bit of an issue!!

If it had been a bit less I may have considered it.

His reserve is £150.00, very tempting but storage is a bit of an issue!!

If it had been a bit less I may have considered it.

ouch, £150. not enough in it for me. I'd have to throw a couple of sickies to sort out picking it up and selling it on. I could make the same kind of extra dough by actually going to work. might message him with a cheeky low offer if it doesn't sell on ebay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back