Hi there just been to pick up my new tank it was second hand. And it was in absolute state when we picked it up, I mean it was fit for purpose and I am fairly sure it will be water tight and believe me if it isnt there will be hell to pay! So far we have had to scrub everything the tank the stand lighting unit everything was caked with dust, dirt and grease.
But yeah my main question is about the filter. Its an external Fluval FX5 and I have cleaned out all of the canister but it is the pipes and attachments I am concerned about. If I give it a really good clean out or at least the best I can will it still be okay for freshwater? The outlet areas of the pipes have what looks like some kind of red algae and there are patches of green algae, what are they? Will they harm freshwater fish? Or should I just buy new pipes and attachments etc?
Really need quick replies as this tank needs to go to its new home asap because my buyer really wants it now and equally I want to set up my new tank asap.
Thanks for any help
Wills
But yeah my main question is about the filter. Its an external Fluval FX5 and I have cleaned out all of the canister but it is the pipes and attachments I am concerned about. If I give it a really good clean out or at least the best I can will it still be okay for freshwater? The outlet areas of the pipes have what looks like some kind of red algae and there are patches of green algae, what are they? Will they harm freshwater fish? Or should I just buy new pipes and attachments etc?
Really need quick replies as this tank needs to go to its new home asap because my buyer really wants it now and equally I want to set up my new tank asap.
Thanks for any help
Wills







