Urgent Warning!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
Of late,... I walk into the fishroom and just stare at the tanks... My wife & family is getting worried, and openly talks about it (even) in my presence... with no concern for my feelings.....

This led me to do some soulsearching, & I realise that it all started when I drew up a "to do" list of things I have to do in the the fish room (garage).... Absolutely turned me into a Zombie..... Sometimes, even inside of the house, I'll take this list and sit at a desk, staring vacantly at it for hours on end.... it's about 3 pages long.

My name is Ludwig Venter, and I have a problem........
 
Aww thats sooo sweet - you`ll be a rich man when they start offering " a penny for your thoughts" :lol:

:lol: i can imagine heads shaking as they watch you just standing there staring :lol:
 
hm sorry to be a totaly idiot but i really dont get it???
 
I know I walk into the fish house and stand there thinking how can I improve the tanks, which are better for which species, should I change the substrate... leave them bare or carry on with some of them planted.... so many things to do but it takes so much time especially as I work full time and have a hubby to feed :lol:
 
I know I walk into the fish house and stand there thinking how can I improve the tanks, which are better for which species, should I change the substrate... leave them bare or carry on with some of them planted.... so many things to do but it takes so much time especially as I work full time and have a hubby to feed :lol:

Maybe I should just break up the "to do" list into smaller... manageable sections and not try do everything at once...I'll probably be at point 43 by end of January next year and I can start again at point 1 ... I'm feeling better already....
 
I know exactly what you mean. I have a to do list, my weekly schedule for water changes etc. I have a fish wish list too of fish I would like. I spent ages on my community rio 300 with planting decorating and choosing stock. I was really proud of it and entered it into the monthly competition. Not one single vote, now I am wondering weather to start it all again lol
 
I've completed 3 things on the list this afternoon... I feel so much better.
 
:lol: I so understand, though i only have 2 but that is enough to make most of my thoughts aquarium ones. I do not know how you cope with 40. I suppose it is one of those things where 'one more wont make a difference' hehe. You could open your garage to the public and hire staff? :nod:

This hobby can easily take all your time. I was just wondering about making a todo list and came across this thread, maybe i shouldn't hehe.

This is an addictive hobby :fun:
 
i started this hobby 2 weeks ago, i went out and bought a 2 ft tank for 90 quid, just been given a 4ft tank and im getting a 6ft after Christmas, addictive? um.........YES :lol:

i had to write out a to do list, the first time i changed the water in my 2ft tank i forgot to add the anti chlorine and didn't temp match properly as i was too keen! the list sits above the tank at all times. when ever i look at the tank i see the list, so eventually, it will be imprinted in my mind and will automatically become routine :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top