!urgent! Advice Needed

JHR

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey I need help!

I'm in the process of moving tanks and because I'm seeding I took some water from my mature tank as well as some ornaments and substrate.

However I noticed the tank is quite bare and I must have spooked my Betta a bit as he keeps chasing my tetra with his gills puffed out and flaring!

What should I do? Are they safe?

I've put in the large centre ornament that was in there before so hopefully that will help a bit atleast

You've changed his territory by moving things around. My guess is he's re-establishing it and telling the tetra where to go. Just keep an eye on it and it will hopefully calm down in a few days. My guess is that your tetras are far too quick for him but it's not unheard of for a betta to catch a quicker fish!

Is there less cover in the tank than there was before? That may be part of the problem. You'll want to reduce the "line of sight" and give the tetras more hiding places if they need it
good.gif

Yeah there is less cover now than before but hopefully my tetra are too fast for him as they need to be in there another few days with him atleast until new tank is ready :/

Thanks for reply btw I'll try to increase their cover again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back