Urgent Advice Needed - Die`ing Balla

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hives

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi there, just got i from work today... with some new plants i bought on the way home... to find my balla shark layed on the bottum.. so i tried to move it work out what was up with it and make sure it wasnt stuck under a rock.. and it sort of swims off but almost asif one side of its fins aent working and seems to spin round and round ;/ ive put the fish in a net which is floating on the top and turned the lights off... you guys think of anything i could do to try and help this poor thing? its really upset me as my whole setup was going so well and managed to keep all my fish alive for the last 9 weeks no problems ;[ thanks guys

p.s done a water test and all seems fine? ;////

http://first-designs.co.uk/1.jpg (my tank)

I am sorry to hear about your bala. If there are no visible signs other than the fact that he is listless I can't say for sure if it is disease but I do know that I had clown fish that did the same thing then died sorry to say. I think it was an oxygen problem so I added a bubbler. Also, since your tank is so new it could be that the water is flucuating overnight or even by hours. Cycling takes a toll on all fish. I learned that the hard way. My tank took over 4 months to straighten out. Good luck

hi there, just got i from work today... with some new plants i bought on the way home... to find my balla shark layed on the bottum.. so i tried to move it work out what was up with it and make sure it wasnt stuck under a rock.. and it sort of swims off but almost asif one side of its fins aent working and seems to spin round and round ;/ ive put the fish in a net which is floating on the top and turned the lights off... you guys think of anything i could do to try and help this poor thing? its really upset me as my whole setup was going so well and managed to keep all my fish alive for the last 9 weeks no problems ;[ thanks guys

I am sorry to hear about your bala. If there are no visible signs other than the fact that he is listless I can't say for sure if it is disease but I do know that I had clown fish that did the same thing then died sorry to say. I think it was an oxygen problem so I added a bubbler. Also, since your tank is so new it could be that the water is flucuating overnight or even by hours. Cycling takes a toll on all fish. I learned that the hard way. My tank took over 4 months to straighten out. Good luck

thats a big help, thanks... i only have a fluval 2 as my airation... is this good enough, if not ill get an air stone/pump asap.. i was told it was but maybe he was wrong, Thanks again

Most reactions

trending

Back