Upper Level Fish Ideas?

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
5,527
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
Uk, Nottinghamshire
The tank is as listed in my sig. I'm looking for a small shoal or single fish that will happily swim mainly at the top of the tank.

So far I can only really think of dwarf croaking gouramis, but considering how shy they are I'm not sure they would happily swim about near the surface.

So any ideas. Preferably a shoal of fish that grow no larger than 5cm or a single/pair of 5-8cm each.
 
Silver hatchet fish are nice...wouldn't want to keep them as more than a pair though, do you think they would be ok or would it cause unfair stress?

And the butterfly fish didn't really appeal tbh and it was a lil bit too big for what I'm after.
 
How about killifish? If so any recommendation of types or are they not compatible with my fish? I vaguely remember deciding against them awhile ago for some reason...not because I didn't like them though.

If not, what about a group of female bettas? If I'm remembering correctly it's 3 at the min?

Or rasboras, I love the look of most types, are there any which are primarily surface dwellers?
 
sorry cant help you there i know sod all about killies or bettas . i may be wrong on the rasboras but i thought they generally tended to be more mid water fish
 

Most reactions

Back
Top