Upgrading from 10g to 20g

Pwojo

Reaction score
Hi I have a ten g with one gourami 3 Cory catfish 4 snails 6 cherry shrimp and several live plants and large piece of wood. I want to move it all over to a new twenty gallon. What’s best procedure for migrating everything over to the new tank? Do I need to cycle new tank or good enough just to move wood and plants and some substrate over? I also have bioballs in ten gallon I can move over

Net your fish into a container that has not been used with any unsafe chemicals, take out your decor. After this scoop out your substrate with a shovel and put into your new aquarium. Place decor and then put the fish into the new aquarium.

Also, corydoras should be kept in shoals of at least 5 or 6, what type of gourami do you have? Some types of gouramis need to be in groups.

Question, can you leave the 10g running while setting up the 20g, or do you need to move the 10g to install the 20g? I ask because if you can build the 20g leaving the 10g running it is somewhat easier.

Hi I have a ten g with one gourami 3 Cory catfish 4 snails 6 cherry shrimp and several live plants and large piece of wood. I want to move it all over to a new twenty gallon. What’s best procedure for migrating everything over to the new tank? Do I need to cycle new tank or good enough just to move wood and plants and some substrate over? I also have bioballs in ten gallon I can move over
The best thing you can do to jump start the new tank's cycle is use filter media that's already cycled. Or even the filter itself if it has that capacity for a 20.
Are those bio balls in the filter or in the tank?
And also, fast growing floating plays will suck up ammonia in the water. Your gourami will need them anyways for the shelter they provide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back