Update To The System - Location Field

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

daizeUK said:
So you were hoping people were going to be sensible with this?  I notice we have at least one member in Antarctica already :lol:
I dunno who that could have been...

Btw, why is it that the default place is uk?
Also, why are USA and uk at the top?

TallTree01 said:

So you were hoping people were going to be sensible with this?  I notice we have at least one member in Antarctica already
laugh.png
daizeUK said:
So you were hoping people were going to be sensible with this?  I notice we have at least one member in Antarctica already
laugh.png
I dunno who that could of been...

Why didn't I guess? Good grief.....

(Oh, and that's "could have been" not "could of been". Just FYI)

wub.png
your video Eagles.

tcamos said:
Ha! By list I mean one I can import into the database! But I do love animaniacs...actually...mostly pinky and the brain.
Also, I suppose I could create a new field...maybe...where one has country as now and the other could have state etc. So one field would say USA and the other Arizona. Now sure though, I would have to look into that.
Sounds good tcamos, maybe this field would have to be free text or the table would be huge for all the states/counties etc?  Of course there will always be one that struggles to know where they live 
rolleyes.gif

hehe.gif

TallTree01 said:

UK only looks like it is default because it is at the top of the list I think.  I saw it and left it thinking "oh, it's already set to United Kingdom" but then realised that I actually have to save the settings before it will update.

Come to think of it, the list should really start with an unselectable "Select your country of residence" option to make it clearer.

As for UK and US coming first... I guess the justification is just that it saves time for the majority of people.  But I know I get really peeved when a list just has "United States" at the top and I have to scroll all the way down to United Kingdom! 

Daize hit the nail on the head, the three most common countries populating this forum are the USA, UK and Australia, hence they are all at the top :)

In fairness, there's only so far that Chad can go to make it user friendly. What about New Zealand, Philipines, Netherlands? We have members currently active from those three countries.

TallTree01 said:

laugh.png

The top three are: UK, US, and Aus as these are the three most common countries on the forum.  We could have bumped Canada higher, but didn't.

eaglesaquarium said:
So you were hoping people were going to be sensible with this?  I notice we have at least one member in Antarctica already :lol:

The top three are: UK, US, and Aus as these are the three most common countries on the forum.  We could have bumped Canada higher, but didn't.

And that's got nothing to do with the fact that Americans hate Canadians? :hey:

Americans love Canadians. We consider them to be good neighbors indeed.

Its actually very true.  That's why we combine teams in some sports leagues - National Hockey League - lots of Canadian and US teams in that league.  Even the National Basketball Association and Major League Baseball have a Canadian team in them.

Yes, I meant it. We enjoy many Canadian actors, comedians, and my favorite TV show is Corner Gas, a Canadian show (my birthday was Monday and I got all the seasons on DVD as a gift).

I think it's sensible having the 3 most popular ones at the top. Everyone can't be first, so suck it up! lol
Some of us might prefer England to UK but we've got to make the best of what we have and I'm sure Tcamos will be only too willing to look at sensible suggestions.

Well, if I could find a good list I wouldn't mind Scotland, Ireland, England being seperate and all 50 US states as well.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back