UP Aqua paludarium questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of the LFS's in my area stocks UP Aqua paludariums for workshops, the biggest one (60 x 35cm) has a water-level height of 14cm. I understand that the brand has a certain size of paludariums, but I have a few questions about them. Given its water level size, 29L, would a single betta fit in here? Do they jump out of the paludarium? The remaining 22cm (height) is for the terrestrial and emersed plants. How do I look after this kind of paludarium? I did some research on the paludarium, the 60cm one is the best choice for a beginner paludarium in my opinion.

A betta would do well in 29L of water. With all the extra height, it probably won't be able to jump out. However, a lid made out of a solid material like glass would still be a good idea because it helps to retain humidity and heat, which I understand are important for paludariums, depending on what sorts of plants you have.

A betta would do well in 29L of water. With all the extra height, it probably won't be able to jump out. However, a lid made out of a solid material like glass would still be a good idea because it helps to retain humidity and heat, which I understand are important for paludariums, depending on what sorts of plants you have.
This is what the paludarium looks like:

Fish can jump out of it because of the design (front being low and not completely up to the top).

The heater can be an issue trying to find a small reliable brand that will fit in that much water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back