Unusual RAINBOWFISH poop.

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I fed them the day before some left over dinner cooked cabbage. Cabbage then,other days its Spinach or corn..just whatever vegetables we have since all it takes is like a teaspoon for all the fish. So today I see this..the Bozey Rainbow looked like he was pooping a plastic bag. It was just the rib of the cabbage. He seemed ok and swam around for a couple more hours until today when I fed them shrimp his excitement and dash to the surface pinched off what was left of the poop.
It is very under reported at how much Rainbows enjoy greenery to vegetables. They attack it too.

Attachments

• IMG_4099.JPG
    IMG_4099.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 68
The fish is thinking "sicko, I am trying to poop in the plants. Get that camera off me you weirdo"

Try not to give them the ribs of plant leaves because they are indigestible. But rainbowfish do like plant matter and mine would clear out a tank of Duckweed in a week.

Just to inform that the Rainbow in the photo is perfectly fine. It is amazing how he passed that rib and some leaf cellulose that size right through his system isn't' it?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back