Untidy cables

PETE A

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Has anyone got any infomation on putting all the loose cables from the filters, light, and heater into one single unit box. A list of products and approx prices if that is possible.

The problem being that my tank sits on top of a open metal frame and I cant hide the cables as would be the case if the tank sat on top of a cabinet. Please take into account the problem of maintence and the ease of un- connecting and re-connecting the cables up again, into the unit box.

Aha yet again i can help lol :thumbs:

The product you are looking for is a power centre available at all good lfs's for about a fiver lol

Algarde do a more fancy one at about £9.99 but is it really worth it when most of us hide them away at the back of the tank? lol

These units usually have 2 switches incorporated into them with one controling the light and airpump whilst the other controls the heater or heater/stat and thermostate (if fitted) the main advantage of these gizmo's is that there is only one cable to plug in when its all connected as you must remove all the old plugs to heaters, filters etc to wire it up.

The ones i use are branded UNO but from what i can make out they are one of those products made under licence by lots of firms :what:

They have certainly saved me oalot of plug socket space and untidy wires :D

OH and by the way they are really simple to install lol :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back