Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Keeping fish is a tough one after doing it for decades. Why I tried "biggest tank with smaller fish" only Rainbows turned out not to be as small as I thought.
Maybe if laws had been made so that fish best adapted to life in glass- like Goldfish,guppies- were only allowed to be sold. Its why after having kept pets..I'm down to one old cat and after her no more. I hate the end of life of pets and how you have to decide what you can afford in vet bills. It's one thing to decide for yourself...

Goldfish,Beta's..hardy fish that with long fins and bright colors actually can live longer in an aquarium then if put in the wild as is. Potentially! Giant Goldfish in lakes across the country show even they love mother natures trillions of gallons system.
Now,If we add the really developed Goldfish like Ranchus then only domestic life is possible for them. So,maybe we should look again at Goldfish keeping.
Except for me. When my Rainbows age out..I might take a break again. 3 years back in and maybe five to go?..lol.

You know, many people that come on a forum, whatever it is, want to see their own choices/opinions reinforced. As soon as you disagree and say something like "no this is bad living condition for this fish" you get the label grumpy or killjoy even both :lol: These people forget an essential point : as fishes are captive in "their" tank, our moral duty is to provide them the best "certified copy of biotope ".

Ok, my turn.... Neon or brightly colored gravel and plants are hideous and should be banned from the Pet Trade!!
Sorry if you have Pink, Orange, or Purple gravel and plants, and I have offended you...
Actually, no, not sorry!! Lol... Gravel and plants should look natural, and not be Techno Colors!!
Phew, I feel so much better getting that off my chest!!! :p :D
Give this man a medal

They freak me out. Even worse in real life when you see their pathetic attempt at swimming
I wanna see you try to swim like a fish all day and try to stay all pretty

Weird, i was reading about some lad who ended up in hospital because he wanted to partake in that drinking/swallowing 'game' ( but the only fish he could get his hands on was a cory. So the cory did it's thing and jammed its spines in the dude's throat
That's what you get for trying to kill (for no reason) an adorable little fish.

Why does people swallowing these stuff as a trend, I dont understand :S and nowadays they even have their own swallowing trend website.
Fish's pov: Humans are interesting creatures....
Our pov: Fish are interesting creatures

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back