Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

All-righty-then...we could always talk about these:
20190424_112419.jpg

I'm not a cat person.
Nor am I, which is why I limit our family to a maximum of three of the murderous little bar-stewards at a time. (Currently we have two. Mr LostBear and the Cub feel that this means there is a vacancy. I refuse to let them take on an "apprentice" assassin.)

However, I do love the ones we have and couldn't get rid of them. But there will be NO MORE.

(The three we had before were better though. They brought things back alive, on the whole, and we could release them back into next door's overgrown hellhole of a "garden" the wild, unharmed. These two leave butchered and often partially eaten rabbits, mice, rats, voles, birds and on one memorable occasion, a stoat (A STOAT! Have you seen the SIZE of those vicious buggers? How did any cat manage to kill STOAT?) lying about where they can upset me and make me boak. Some of the birds we've had have been massive, too. Several magpies; a jackdaw; a young seagull . . . Mostly though, I have to admit they are heartbreakingly tiny and fragile.)

She looks so sad . .. have you stopped her slaughtering something?
I do respect their hunting skills, though I hate it when they kill the wrong stuff. I learned a lot of what I know about stalking animals by watching a Siamese names Scud who lived at a mountain lodge where I was working at the time. Absolutely amazing hunter, that beast.

If I'm going to take the trouble to feed an animal and pay its vet bills, I want one that will act happy to see me when I get home. My faithful labrador's reaction on seeing me is "Oh boy oh boy, it's master! I love master and he's here and I'm here and this is so exciting!" The cat? "It's about time you showed up, peasant. Pet me. Feed me. Now leave me alone." I can see how dogs can be a bit much for some people--mine is a bit much for me some days. And I can see how people enjoy the cat's mix of neediness and aloofness, which I myself find mildly amusing at times. But most cats are just too fickle to be good buddies.

And yeah, the baby rabbit heads on the back step get old, too. It's like she's trying to show us what she's capable of so we'll do her bidding...

I’m surprised by the fact that my cat hates duck and vice versa when they all grown up

she is now 9 years old and I don’t know if she’ll live through this year or not.

I’m surprised by the fact that my cat hates duck and vice versa when they all grown up

she is now 9 years old and I don’t know if she’ll live through this year or not.
9 is no age for a cat.

We had three girl cats before these two boys. Two of them got to 18, and the third to 23. (Yes - you read it right - 23!)

When we got the boys there were originally three of them - litter brothers. All ginger. One short haired, one long haired and one even longer-haired. We still have the SH (Reuben) and the LH (Fat Olaf). The ELG (Phillip) died aged aged only about 8 months. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier, and managed to get himself run over by sheltering under a car when it was raining. Although he wasn't very clever, he was by far the sweetest-natured of the three. When they got their needles the vet said that the was the feline equivalent of Downs Syndrome, with other congenital problems (he definitely had a heart murmur) and unlikely to have a very long life anyway, but it was awful to lose him so early.

Most reactions

Back