Unpopular Opinions (fish related)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Okay, here goes... goldfish are ugly. And blood parrot cichlids. And catfish. Sorry!
Lol!!! I have two tanks. One contains a lone Oranda Goldfish. The other contains a lone Blood Parrot. I love the weird looking GMO fish but many people find them ugly - especially goldfish. Many say Orandas look like they have their brains outside of their heads.
20210919_211743.jpg

Lol!!! I have two tanks. One contains a lone Oranda Goldfish. The other contains a lone Blood Parrot. I love the weird looking GMO fish but many people find them ugly - especially goldfish. Many say Orandas look like they have their brains outside of their heads.View attachment 145702
Your Oranda looks like it is saying. " Another day stuck here". I wish your fish would smile, I assume it does when you feed it. Maybe show us it smiling at feeding time photo.

Your Oranda looks like it is saying. " Another day stuck here". I wish your fish would smile, I assume it does when you feed it. Maybe show us it smiling at feeding time photo.
Fancy goldfish are very dumb. They can barely even find their food without getting lost in their tank or running into something! Mary the Blood Parrot here isn't much smarter. Both very grumpy and don't smile much lol
20210917_001359.jpg

Fancy goldfish are very dumb. They can barely even find their food without getting lost in their tank or running into something! Mary the Blood Parrot here isn't much smarter. Both very grumpy and don't smile much lolView attachment 145703
That's not very nice, being called dumb. When maybe I'm just bored swimming in this glass box entertaining the person who feeds me.

That's not very nice, being called dumb. When maybe I'm just bored swimming in this glass box entertaining the person who feeds me.
Better than being crowded in the ultra tiny box at the LFS smashing into his tankmates at every turn and being fed tropical flakes. If he is bored then IDK what to tell him as he has the like LEAST BORING "glass box" ever.

she just has a better camera on her phone than I have ;)

My contentious and unpopular fishy thing is that as nice and pretty real plants undoubtably are...not all of us have green thumbs and artificial have become alot more realistic in recent years (except those daft dayglo ones, of course)

Artificial plant users (like what I am) should not be made to feel inferior or that they are poor fishkeepers just cos the plants used in aquariums are not real

Fish can be just as healthy with artificial plants as they are with real ones, so to me, at least, as long as the fish are healthy and are cared for appropriately it should not matter whether plants are real or not

My contentious and unpopular fishy thing is that as nice and pretty real plants undoubtably are...not all of us have green thumbs and artificial have become alot more realistic in recent years (except those daft dayglo ones, of course)

Artificial plant users (like what I am) should not be made to feel inferior or that they are poor fishkeepers just cos the plants used in aquariums are not real

Fish can be just as healthy with artificial plants as they are with real ones, so to me, at least, as long as the fish are healthy and are cared for appropriately it should not matter whether plants are real or not
i agree with you, but disagree with you at the same time

Most reactions

trending

Back