Unknown Tetra

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

joshua

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a what i would call, albino tetra with a small ring surrounding the eye which is reflective (blue), similar to the colour on neons. was wondering what breed it is or if its even a tetra at all. thanks

A good clue to whether a fish is a Characin or not is the presence of an adipose fin, a small fleshy fin on the back between the dorsal fin and the tail. Does your fish have such a fin.

There is a fish, almost completely colourless/white but with a striking blue ring around the eye, it is an Asian fish, (not a tetra), a paddy field fish - can't think of it right now, similar to a Oryzias latipes but a little deeper in the body...

I was thinking of Oyrzias javanicus, there is a description and a lousy picture here.

could be an emperor tetra......well from what ive seen anyway

sorry for giving such vague clues but i do not own a digital camera... as much as i would like to. it is a slim fish, with slightly yellowish fins. it has 2 fins on the underside and i think only one on top. so i guess its not a tetra (feel so cheated hehe) :/

well thanks everyone. gonna give my rainbowfish and those fish back to the LFS and get neon tetras as i'm totally fascinated by this type of fish which have a fluoresent stripe. also looking for glowlights but the shops near my place do not stock them as well as cardinals.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back