Unique Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What is the most unique fish everybody has?
I'll start
I don't have a unique individual but what I think is a unique group. I have a group of Cory Cats in my 45g that includes Julii, Emerald, Albino, and Pepper with plans for some pygmy in the future.

I have a unique grouping. I keep Discus and a Bolivian Ram in the same environment. Both appreciate the 28.5 degrees C water temperature. The Ram is now 8cm in length; I've never seen a Bolivian Ram this big.

Lepidogalaxias salamandroides. The only fish in the world that can move its head independently of its body. It's an ancient throwback to the fish that evolved into amphibians and terrestrial animals.

Lepidogalaxias salamandroides. The only fish in the world that can move its head independently of its body. It's an ancient throwback to the fish that evolved into amphibians and terrestrial animals.
Oh that looks cool. Where'd you find it? I've never even heard of it before

It's only found in a few freshwater ponds in the south-west of Western Australia and is endangered due to stupid governments clearing land, filling in ponds, and lack of rainfall caused by climate change, which is caused by all the trees being cut down.

It's only found in a few freshwater ponds in the south-west of Western Australia and is endangered due to stupid governments clearing land, filling in ponds, and lack of rainfall caused by climate change, which is caused by all the trees being cut down.
So you take one from the wild or they still for sale over there?

So you take one from the wild or they still for sale over there?
They have never been for sale and the only time anyone sees them is when scientists go down there for research.

Most people have never heard of them and that includes the boffins in government and fisheries that are meant to protect natives fishes.

Most reactions

trending

Back