Unidentified Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jules H-T

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I know, I didn't ask for a fish as a gift!

Can anyone help identify him/her please?

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 275
For scale that is a Leopard Danio in the foreground. This one can't be much bigger, probably 2 to 3 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 196
It does look like a goldie. But I'm not sure. Try posting this with better pictures in the tropical chit chat forum.

Is its mouth on the bottom of its face? If it is it looks like a young black shark. Doesnt look too healthy though...

I'd say bala shark, its back fin and frontward figure kinda looks like it, but it is probably stressed/sick out and lacking color.

I'm not exactly sure but, looks like some kinda carpish fish or something like a barb. Pretty sure it is not a bala. Its body is not shaped like one at all and the fins are different too. :dunno:

Well its not a young black shark, they start out as pure black when that size and go a dull grey as adults.
I would say its one of the Labeo species but the picture isnt good enough for a proper ID, plus information and pictures to compare it against is very scarce. Try looking up Labeo boga, a few of these have been appearing in the trade recently.

Probably not a great idea to put unknown fish into your community tank.

yeah the first thing i thought when i saw that was "shark". labeo's are not suitable at all for anything but an aggressive oddball/cichlid tank or a species tank. especially because whatever that fish is if its a labeo it will kill off your tank.

looks like labeo ruddi or forskali to me but im not certain w/o a bigger picture

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back