Unfilled (for the tank not the fish)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CARNO

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi my tank well i want to add more to it (beside fish got it sorted) my tank is unfilled so I want to add more to it but I don't know what can someone plz help and I'm the the tiger barb guy from yesterday also the guy with that plant that no one knows

IMG_20200920_110024.jpg

More plants, some floating plants maybe. A backdrop and some caves.
(And lower the heater, consider putting it horizontal and in the outflow from the filter.)

I would remove some of those rocks, especially if they are sharp. The fish can cut themselves on sharp rocks and bodies can rot among the rocks. If you want rocks in the tank, make sure you can see all around them.

Ambulia, Hygrophila polyspperma and narrow Vallis are good plants to grow along the back. They will also contrast well against the dark substrate.

Ok thank I also want to do something with rocks but I'm not sure what

Aim to have 30-50% of your tank in plants, always have your heater thermostat horizontal with the thermostat towards the pump out flow, This means that the heat runs away from the thermostat and will make sure that the tank has a more consistent temperature.

Yep, agree with lowering the heater and horizontal so it’s easier to hide and for temperature diffusion in water column.

More plants definitely, get easy to care for plants like vallisernias, cyrptocorynes, elodea (anarcharis) you can also add anubias and maybe java moss as well by glueing or tying them to some of the rocks.

Sharp rocks can damage some fish specie bodies so do be aware of this.

You can make caves and focal points with some of these rocks but ensure it’s secure and won’t fall and trap some of your livestock.

Hard to tell from your pic but does not look there there is any background on the rear glass, putting plain blue or black background on the rear glass will help to showcase the rocks, plants and livestock as that usually helps the colours to pop a bit more.

I think your rocks are quite sharp so this can damage your fish. You can replace them with some aquarium rocks. Let's look at Amazon. There's a lot of amazing products.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back